[JPL] North Sea Jazz Festival - The Hague Years

Lenny Mazel jazz at kcme.org
Wed Aug 30 10:38:26 EDT 2006

This is a message for all radio producers who received the North Sea Jazz,
The Hague years-box. I produced this box, and I knew it would be a problem
for many stations that this box is not for sale. Because of the musicians'
recording rights it is very hard, if not impossible, to make a box like this
for the market. As TomtheJazzMan said,there is another North Sea box issued
by Verve in 2005. I can recommend this box to you and your listeners.

Manon Miessen
RADIO NETHERLANDS WORDLWIDE

I personally do not have a problem with airing material that is not for
sale.  Much of the material in the KCME jazz library of about 11,000 CDs,
which I've been accumulating since 1990, is out of print, from defunct
labels, etc.

Lenny Mazel
Jazz Director
KCME-FM