[JPL] How about dead people endorising products in ads???

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Wed Aug 30 13:47:45 EDT 2006

Just like I am not a fan of coupling dead musicians via technology I am
also, pardon the pun, dead set against dead persons endorsing products in
ads. I recall John Wayne being used in a savings and loan commercial, how
about Sinatra who was used in another TV advertising gimmick. There are
others as well, I am not talking about using archival footage in an ad, I am
referring to super imposing dead folks on the screen as if they were alive n
well.

Orson Wells envisioned this sort of lunacy and therefore has the best
control of his output in his last will and testament. Remember the outcry
when Turner Classics Movies colorized Casa Blanca? The film maker had at his
disposition color film had he wished to use it but chose not, the sets,
wardrobe, film angles et al were done in a B & W mindset, to have colorized
Casa Blanca would be like touching up the Mona Lisa. The same thing happened
to Columbia Studios when they colorized Three Stooges 2-reelers for DVD
release, the daughter of Moe Howard and other Stooges children and grand
children forced Columbia to cease and desist their unauthorized tampering.

Arturo