[JPL] How about dead people endorising products in ads???

EdBride at aol.com EdBride at aol.com
Wed Aug 30 16:06:12 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/30/2006 2:07:29 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jazzdepo at ix.netcom.com writes:
<<..

I can't  get quite as upset as Arturo at the use of past celebrities in ads
so long  as proper permission is obtained from the estates of the deceased.
If the  heirs of a celebrity feel that the likeness of their illustrious
ancestor  may be used to sell cars, banking services, laxatives or candy
bars, who  am I to nay say?  I, for one, am happy to sit back and have one
last  smile from someone long gone..>>

For the most part, those advertisements bring chuckles precisely because  the
actor is out of his/her element. When you cement together two dead
performers in order to create something that pretends they're alive, well, does
Frankenstein come to mind?

Ed