[JPL] Playlist: WDIY & Doodlin'

Mo Noretsky mo.noretsky at verizon.net
Wed Aug 30 16:33:42 EDT 2006

WDIY-FM (88.1 and webcasting on wdiy.org)
community public radio/NPR affiliate serving the Lehigh Valley region
of PA
(Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton)
301 Broadway
Bethlehem, PA 18015
610-694-8100
Mo Noretsky, WDIY Jazz Coordinator
mo.noretsky at verizon.net
Top Station Plays - 8/30/06 (20 hours of weekly Jazz/Blues Programming)
Top 10:
Bob Lark/Phil Woods - In Her Eyes - Jazzed Media
Brad Mehldau - House on Hill - Nonesuch
Joe Lovano - Streams Of Expression - Blue Note
D.D. Jackson - Serenity Song - Justin Time
Tania Maria - Intimidade - Blue Note
Buck Hill - Relax - Severn
Dr. Lonnie Smith - Jungle Soul - Palmetto
Dirty Dozen Brass Band - What's Going On - Shout
Dave Holland - Critical Mass - Dare2
Patricia Barber - Mythologies - Blue Note
11-20:
Steven Bernstein - MTO Volume 1 - Sunnyside
Jon Faddis - Teranga - Koch
Frank Morgan - Reflections - High Note
Christian Jacob - Contradictions - WilderJazz
Winard Harper - Make It Happen - Piadrum
Steve Feierabend - Converging Paths - self
Nancy Wilson - Turned to Blue - MCG Jazz
Regina Carter - I'll Be Seeing You - Verve
Larry Vukovich - Street Scene - Tetrachord
Eliane Elias - Around the City - Bluebird
and...
Dave Kikoski - Lighter Way - Apria
Elias Haslanger - Dream Story - Cherrywood
Laszlo Gardony - Natural Instinct - Sunnyside
Reuben Rogers - The Things I Am - Renwick
Kat Parra - Birds in Flight - JazzMa
Anton Schwartz - Radiant Blue - Anton Jazz
David Bixler - Call It A Good Deal - Zoho
Joe Gilman - View So Tender:  Wonder Revisited - Capri
Ray Barretto - Standards Rican-ditioned - Zoho
Scott Hamilton - Nocturnes & Serenades - Concord
Dave Stryker - The Chaser - Mel Bay
Geri Allen - Timeless Protraits and Dreams - Telarc
Jacqui Naylor - The Color Five - Ruby Star
Trio Beyond - Saudades - ECM
Rob Whitlock - Sketchin' 2 - Sketchin
Hot Club of Detroit  - Hot Club of Detroit - Mack Ave
Freddie Cole - Because of You - High Note
Mort Weiss - Meets Sam Most - SMS
Native Soul - Rough Jazz - Apria
Metta Quintet - Subway Songs - Sunnyside
Joe Locke/Geoffrey Keezer - Live in Seattle - Origin
Nancy King - Live at the Jazz Standard - MaxJazz
Bob Dorough - Small Day Tomorrow - Candid
Eric Reed - Here - MaxJazz
Adds:
Caribbean Jazz Project - Mosaic - Concord
Mark Egan - As We Speak - Wavetone
Sean Jones - Roots - Mack Ave
Houston Person w/Bill Charlap - You Taught My Heart to Sing - High Note
Tomasz Stanko - Lontano - ECM
Cedar Walton - One Flight Down - High Note

Doodlin' - August 29, 2006 - Host: Mo Noretsky
Artist - Song - Album - Label
Lambert, Hendricks & Ross - Doodlin' (Theme) - Twisted - Rhino
Elin - La Luna - Lazy Afternoon - Blue Toucan
Mark Egan - Spirals - As We Speak - Wavetone
Trio Beyond - Love in Blues - Saudades - ECM

Joe Lovano - Boplicity/Postlude - Streams of Expression - Blue Note

Interview w/Skip Wilkins:
Skip Wilkins - No Parking, Stephanie's Song, Would Aldous Huxley...?,
Take the Fourth - Skip Wilkins Quintet: Vol. 1 - Dreambox Media

Fred Fried - THe Simplest Thing - The Wisdom of Notes - Ballet Tree
Ed Breazeale - Fantasy in D - Just Beyond - self
Houston Person w/Bill Charlap - You Taught My Heart to Sing - You
Taught My Heart to Sing - High Note

Steven Bernstein - Soul Serenade - MTO Vol. 1 - Sunnyside
Rob Whitlock - Them There Eyes - Sketchin' 2 - self
Robin McKelle - Bei Mir Bist Du Schon - Introducing - Cheap Lullaby

Caribbean Jazz Project - Wazo Dayzeel - Mosaic - Concord

Sean Jones - El Soul - Roots - Mack Ave
Kristin Lomholt - Winter Moon/Wild is the Wind - Spell - Whaling City

Dirty Dozen Brass Band - Wholy Holy - What's Going On - Shout Factory
Horace Silver - Doodlin' (Theme) - Best of - Blue Note