[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Wed 8-30

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Wed Aug 30 21:51:02 EDT 2006

Here's tonight's jazz playlist from WCVE-FM. Online at
ideastations.org/radio. Please direct cd's for airplay consideration to
the address below.

Thanks
Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
804 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wednesday August 30, 2006

Swing That Music / I Come from a Musical Family / (Irving Berlin)
Alexander's ragtime band - Heart Full of Rhythm - Louis Armstrong - Decca
Jazz - GRD-620

Coslow/Johnston) Cocktails for Two / (Kahn, Moret) Chloe / (Katz, Jones)
Jones Polka- Strictly for Music Lovers - Spike Jones - Properbox 5

(Waller, Razaf) Stealin' Apples / (Chico O'Farrill) Undercurrent Blues /
(Edgar Sampson) Blue Lou - Bebop Spoken Here - Benny Goodman - Proper 10

(Consuelo Velasquez) Besame Mucho - South American Cookin' - Curtis Fuller
- Collectables - COL-CD-6879

(Tito Puente) Oye Como Va - Around the City - Eliane Elias - Bluebird -
82876 80228-2

(Nilson Matta) Sampa 67 - O Nosso Amor - Mark Weinstein - Jazzheads - JH
1151

8:01 NPR News

(Joe Henderson) Inner urge - Whereas - Roy Haynes - Dreyfus Jazz - 36694

(L. Brown, C. Tobias, S. Stept) Comes Love - Heart Strings - Sheila Jordan
- Muse - 5468

(Jeryr Brainin, Buddy Dernier) The Night Has a Thousand Eyes - Lemme Tell
Ya 'bout Paul Desmond - Label M - 495715

(Thelonious Monk) Nutty - Thelonious Monk Quartet with John Coltrane at
Carnegie Hall - Blue Note - 0946 3 35173 2  5

(Duke Ellington and Billy Strayhorn) Something to Live for - Here to Stay
- Carmen McRae - Decca Jazz - GRD-610

(Tommy Turentine) Enitnerrut - A Fickle Sonance - Jackie McLean - Blue
Note - 7243 5 24544 2 6

(Frank Kimbrough) Lucent - Play - Frank Kimbrough, Masa Kamaguchi, Paul
Motian - Palmetto - PM 2118

(John Lewis) Skating in Central Park - North Sea Jazz festival: the Hague
Years - Bob Brookmeyer and Jim Hall - Radio Nederlands Wereldomroep - MJC
040

9:01 NPR News

9:06 (Donaldson, Lyman) What Can I Say After I Say I'm Sorry - The
Complete Capitol Recordings of the Nat King Cole Trio - Mosaic 138

(Eldridge) Jump through the Window - After You've Gone - Roy Eldridge -
Decca jazz - GRD-605

(Arlen, Koehler) I've Got the World on a String - Coleman Hawkins: a
Retrospective 1929-1963 - Coleman Hawkins - Bluebird - 07863 66617-2

(Frank Loesser) I've never been in Love before - Make It Happen - Winard
harper - Piadrum - 0602

(Herbie Hancock)  The Maze - Organ Starter - Shirman Irby Organomics -
Black Warrior records

(Kenny Garrett) Kiss to the Skies - Beyond the Wall - Kenny Garrett -
Nonesuch - 79933-2

(Ray Barretto) Brandy's Blues - Standards Rican-ditioned - Ray Barretto -
Zoho - 200610

(Herbie Hanock) Little One - E.S.P. - Miles Davis - Columbia/Legacy - CK
65663