[JPL] jazz89KUVO Day in Denver, Proclamation by Mayor

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Thu Aug 31 00:15:25 EDT 2006

City and County of Denver Mayor Hickenlooper on honor of jazz89KUVO's 21st
anniversary has proclaimed September 9th, 2006 to be jazz89KUVO Day
throughout the City and County of Denver. This is the second consecutive
year we have been so honored, last year for our 20th Anniversay Gala Concert
both Senator Ken Salazar and Mayor Hickenlooper were present and the Mayor
proclaimed November 19th, 2005 as jazz89KUVO Day in the City and County of
Denver.

On a more personal note, I was appointed to sit on the City and County of
Denver Cultural Affairs Commission as the City and County wishes to broaden
its annual concerts and Arts festivals series to reflect the ever expanding
diversity of the Mile High City.

Finally, today was jazz89KUVO Night at Coors Field for the game between the
Colorado Rockies and the New York Metropolitans. All in all not too shabby a
day for the station. Tommorrow Thursday is our 21st Anniversary Party so
there is no time to absorb all of this.

Arturo Gómez
Music Director, jazz89KUVO
The Oasis In The City