[JPL] Jazz collection featuring Stan Kenton

Bob Crispen - Kenton Site revbob at crispen.org
Thu Aug 31 19:08:45 EDT 2006

Please forgive the intrusion from a lurker (only a former jazz
programmer, but I hope you won't kick me off the list). I received an
email yesterday from a woman who said:

> My father passed away in March of this year. He left behind a huge
> jazz collection of LP's and CD's (thousands), but the centerpiece of
> his collection was anything regarding Stan Kenton. That inventory
> goes on and on, and includes books, photos, etc..Dad worked for
> Capital in Detroit for a couple of years, back in the 50's,  and
> Kenton has been his hero ever since.   I would like to see the
> collection go to an organization that will enjoy and appreciate the
> efforts of my fathers passion.

She lives in upstate New York. If you've got an idea about a good home
for her collection, please contact me off list.

Thanks, back to lurking.
--
Bob Crispen
http://kenton.crispen.org/

The highest form of execution on a musical instrument is jazz. We know
what we are doing and we know it's the truth, and anything the truth
falls on, it will grind into powder. It just takes time. It takes time.
- Art Blakey