[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-Richmond Thur 8-31

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Aug 31 21:47:11 EDT 2006

Tonight's playlist from WCVE Richmond, posted online at ideastations.org.
Please direct cd's for airplay consideration the address below.

Thanks
Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
804-560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday August 31, 2006

(Paul Barbarin) Bourbon Street Parade - The World's Greatest Jazz Band at
Manchester's Free Trade Hall, 1971 - Arbors - ARCD 19343

Public Melody Number One - Heart Full of Rhythm - Louis Armstrong - Decca
- GRD-620

(Irving Berlin) I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm - I Got Rhythm: Art Tatum
Volume 4 (1935-1944) - Decca - GRD-630

(McGhee, Navarro) The Skunk / (Mchee, Navarro) Double Talk - Bebop Spoken
Here - Howard McGhee and Fats navarro - Proper - P1139

(J. Mercer. G. Depaul) Namely You - Newk's Time - Sonny Rollins - Blue
Note - CDP 7 840012

(Van Heusen, Mercer) I Thought about You - And I Thought about You -
Johnny Hartmen - Roost - CDP 7243 8 57426 2 1

(Bill Russo) 23 Degrees North, 82 Degrees West - New Concepts of Artistry
in Rhythm - Capitol Jazz - CDP 7 92865 2

(Miles davis) Fran Dance - Miles Davis in Person Friday and Saturday
Nights at the Blackhawk, Complete  - Columbia/Legacy - C4K 87106

(Geri Allen) Our Lady - Timeless portraits and Dreams - Telarc - CD-83645
(features Bob Hurst, bass, Allen, piano and trumpet solo by W Roney)

(Eric Alexander) Little Lucas - One for All - Eric Alexander - Sharp Nine
- CD-1037-2

8:01 NPR News

(Elliot Caine) Peace and Love - Blues from Mars - Elliot Caine Quintet -
Rhombus Records - RHO 7061

(Cole Porter) Night and Day - Everybody Digs Bill Evans - Riverside -
OJCCD-068-2

(Al Dubin, Harry Warren) You're Getting to Be a Habit with Me - North Sea
Jazz Festival: the Hague Years - Dianna Kral - Radio Nederlands
Wereldomroep - MJC040

(Yusef Lateef) Planet Earth - The Cannonball Adderly Sextet in New York -
Riverside - OJCCD-142-2

(Gerry Mulligan) Five Brothers - The Out-of -Towners - Keith Jarrett, Gary
Peacock, Jack DeJohnette - ECM - 1900 B0003001-002

(Earl Coleman) Dark Shadows - Shades of Bey - Andy Bey - Evidence - ECD
22215-2

(Chico O'Farrill) Locos de La Habana - Heart of a Legend - Chico O'Farrill
- Milestone - MCD-9299-2

9:01 NPR News

(Donald Harrison) Harrisburg Address - New York Cool Live at the Blue Note
- Donald Harrison - Half Note - 4525

(Ellington) Harlem Air Shaft / All Too Soon / In a Mellotone - Duke
Ellington: the Blanton-Webster Band - Bluebird - 5659-2-RB

(Burke, Hampton, Mercer) Midnight Sun - Lullaby in Rhythm - Stephanie
Nakasian - V.S.O.P. - #110 CD

(V. Brazil) Creek (Arroio) - The Best of Airto - Airto Moreira - Epic
Associated / Legacy - 2K 57716

(L. Bonfa, M. Dubey) The Gentle Rain - Because of You - Freddy Cole - High
Note - HCD 7156

(Bonja, Jobim) Samba de Orpheus - Greatest Hits - Vince Guaraldi - Fantasy
- FCD-7706-2

(Eddie Sauter) Her - Focus - Stan Getz - Verve - 314 521 419-2