[JPL] Superbowl jazz airplay

John Bishop johnbishop at originarts.com
Wed Feb 1 19:44:07 EST 2006

Hi Linda,

What a grand and thoughtful idea, and finally a subject that I can speak
to with great authority! Yes, all of those you listed would be perfect
representatives for Seattle. Here's a list that will be way more than you
wanted or needed, but what the hell, you asked and I'll make it my moment
in the sun!

Origin and OA2 artists:

Jim Knapp Orchestra
New Stories
Marc Seales
Phil Kelly
Marius Nordal
Thomas Marriott
Greta Matassa
Matt Jorgensen
Randy Halberstadt
Richard Cole
Deardorf/Peterson Group
Seattle Rep. Jazz Orch
Seattle Women's Jazz Orch.

Other solid Seattle citizens that you should have in your library would be:

Jay Thomas
Julian Priester
Larry Fuller (Pony Boy Records)
Kelley Johnson
Floyd Standifer (Pony Boy Records)
Buddy Catlett (Pony Boy Records)

A few more modern players that spent a long time here, or are originally
 from Seattle, that represent an important part of our soundscape:

Brad Shepik, Jim Black, Chris Speed, Jay Clayton, Jerry Granelli, Art
Lande, Andrew D'Angelo, Aaron Alexander, Briggan Krause, Cuong Vu, Jessica
Lurie, and please, don't ever forget....KENNY G.

Thanks!
John

--
John Bishop