[JPL] PLAYLIST - WNMC Weekly Spins + Adds/Archives

Thomas M "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Sat Feb 4 14:42:20 EST 2006

************************************************************************************************************************************

WNMC 90.7 FM  Traverse City Michigan «««

                          Servin' up a Steamin'
Plate o' Jazz and Other Fine Victuals for a Five
County
Area:
Michigan's Gold Coast, The Jewel of the Midwest
                                38 Years of
Community Public Radio for Northwest Lower Michigan

						^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Listen Online:   <www.wnmc.org> ««««

                                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

53 hours of Jazz per week (with a bit of
blues-folk-world/international in the mix)  **  9
hours of Blues  **  6 hours of Folk  **  6 hours
of combined Blues/Folk/Roots  **  6 hours of
World/International Music  **  A 3 hour
Avant-Garde Jazz Show  **  A 3 hour
Dance/Electronica Show  **  A  2 hour Funk/Soul
Show  **  A 2 hour of New Age Show  **  A 2 hour
each weekday morning News-Topical-Community drive
time Show (with a bit of music in the mix)  **  A
2 hour Spanish/Latin Show  **  A 2 hour Reggae
Show  **  A 1½ hour 'Live' Show  **  The best of
Indie-Alt-Cutting Edge Rock fills out the weekly schedule

						    ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

                              Eric Hines, general
manager/music director: <ehines at message.nmc.edu>
                 Tom "Biz" Bisard, jazz music
director: 1st: <mrbiz at torchlake.com> or 2nd: <TBisard at nmc.edu>
			Jen Medlin-Lloyd, AG/out jazz music director: <jemedlin at message.nmc.edu>
                            Linnaea Melcarek,
world/international music director: <linnaea at message.nmc.edu>

                                        Office:
(231) 995-2562         Studio Request Line: (231) 995-1090

						     ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

               >>>Product, Promotions, etc to:   WNMC 90.7 FM
                                                                 attn:
Eric Hines, station manager
                                                                 or
attn: any of our music directors:
                                                                 Biz
Bisard, Jazz
                                                                 Jen
Medlin-Lloyd, AG/Out and Alt. country
                                                                  Linnaea
Melcarek, WB/World/International
                                                                  Leroy
Alvarez, Blues
                                                                  Bob
Brown, Folk/Roots

                                                                 1701
E Front St
				                     Traverse City MI 49686

************************************************************************************************************************************

	                    Weekly Jazz, Avant-Garde
(AG) Jazz & World/International (WB) Spins
                                                       for
January 27th - February 2nd 2006

			                         [ARTIST     *     "Album"     *     (Label)]
				                             AG = avant-garde
						WB = world/international

							7 SPINS

	JOHN MCNEIL     *     "East Coast Cool"     *     (OmniTone)
	JAE SINNETT     *     "The Sinnett Hearings"     *     (J - Nett)
	SCOTT WHITFIELD JAZZ ORCHESTRA
EAST     *     "Diamonds for Nat"     *     (Summit

							6 SPINS

	STAN GETZ     *     "Plays for Lovers"     *     (Concord Jazz/CMG)
	RADAM SCHWARTZ     *     "Conspiracy for Positivity"     *     (Blue Ark)

							5 SPINS

	LENNY ROBERTS     *     "The City Life
Shuffle"     *     ( <www.lennyrobertsjazz.com> )
  WB - VARIOUS ARTISTS     *     "The Rough Guide
to the Music of Brazil: Rio de Janiero"     *     (World Music Network)
	ZAXARIADES     *     "Mr. Z"     *     (FreeHam)

							4 SPINS

	THE BIG 3 TRIO     *     "We Got Rhythm"     *     (Beeswax)
	BREAKESTRA     *     "Hit the Floor"     *     (Ubiquity)
	THE CLAYTON BROTHERS     *     "Back in the Swing of Things"     *     (Hyena)
	CHRIS LACINAK     *     "Boom"     *     (Drum Parade Music)
	SHAHIDA NURULLAH     *     "The Ruby and the
Pearl"     *     ( <www.shahidanurullah.com> )
	MOACIR SANTOS     *     "Choros and Alegria"     *     (Adventure Music)
   AG - SUN RA & HIS SPACE
ARKESTRA     *     "What Planet Is This?"     *     (Leo)
	VARIOUS ARTISTS     *     "Our New Orleans 2005"     *     (Nonesuch)
  WB - VARIOUS ARTISTS     *     "Putumayo
Presents: The Caribbean"     *     (Putumayo World Music)

							3 SPINS

	AFFINITY     *     "Route 66"     *     (Jahu/Rhombus)
	THE KYLE ASCHE ORGAN TRIO     *     "The Hook Up"     *     (OA2)
  WB - UTA BELLA     *     "self-titled"     *     (Mia Mind Music)
	GERMÁN BENSE BOSSA NOVA QUARTET     *     "Love
Song in Vain"     *     ( <www.ampcast.com/germanbense/> )
	THE BUDOS BAND     *     "self-titled"    *     (Daptone)
	DOUG ELLINGTON & NEW URBAN
GROOVE     *     "Life"     *     ( <www.dougellington.com> )
  	BOB LARK     *     "Until You"     *     (Hallway)
	CARMEN LUNDY     *     "Live at the
Madrid"     *     ( <www.carmenlundy.com> )
	THE DON MENZA BIG BAND     *     "Menza Lines"     *     (Jazzed Media)
	TONY MONACO TRIO & FRIENDS     *     "Fiery Blues"     *     (Summit)
	CALVIN NEWBORN     *     "Up City"     *     (Yellow Dog)
	NOVAK & HAAR     *     "Old Friends"     *     ( <www.novakandhaar.com> )
	HOUSTON PERSON     *     "All Soul"     *     (HighNote)
	THE PUZZLEBOX EXPERIMENT     *     "Just when I Thought"     *     (K Daddy)
	WALLACE RONEY     *     "Mystikal"     *     (HighNote)
	DON STIERNBERG & JOHN CARLINI     *     "By George"     *     (Blue Night)
	PHILLIP STRANGE & LARRY MARSHALL     *     "In the Moment"     *     (Summit)
	TRIO DA PAZ     *     "Somewhere"     *     (Blue Toucan)
	KENICHI TSUNODA BIG BAND     *     "For J. G."     *     (Sea Breeze Jazz)
  WB - VARIOUS ARTISTS     *     "Asian
Lounge"     *     (Putumayo World Music)
	BRAD WHEELER     *     "The Future Was Yesterday"     *     (Origin)

							2 SPINS

	MAURICE BROWN     *     "Hip to Bop"     *     (Brown)
	KENNY CARR     *     "Friday at Five"     *     (TAS Management, LLC)
	JACKIE COON     *     "The Joys of New Orleans"     *     (Arbors Jazz)
	JOYCE DICAMILLO TRIO     *     "Freelancin'"     *     (Seaside)
	EITHER/ORCHESTRA     *     "Ethiopiques"     *     (Buda Musique/Soca Disc)
	THE HARRY GOLDSON CAFÉ SOCIETY
ORCHESTRA     *     "Let's Dance"     *     (Weatherbird Productions)
	JERRY GONZALEZ & THE FORT APACHE
BAND     *     "Rumba Buhaina"     *     (Random Chance)
	ALEX GRAHAM     *     "The Good Life"     (Origin)
	THE GREAT JAZZ TRIO     *     "S'Wonderful"     *     (Village/441)
	THE ODESSA HARRIS GROUP     *     "The Easy Life"     *     (Eastlawn)
	THE HOT CLUB OF SAN FRANCISCO     *     "Swing
This"     *     ( <www.hcsf.com> )
	FREDDIE HUBBARD & JIMMY HEATH     *     "'Live'
at the Left Bank"     *     (Hyena)
	GEOFFREY KEEZER     *     "Wildcrafted - Live at
the Dakota"     *     (Max Jazz)
	LALO     *     "Half Moon"     *     (Kadooga Music)
	GRETA MATASSA     *     "Favorites from a Long Walk"     *     (Origin)
  WB - MIGHTY SPARROW     *     "First
Flight"     *     (Smithsonian Folkways)
	PAULO MOURA & OS BATUTAS     *     "Pixinguinha"     *     (Blue Jackal)
	MYSHKIN'S RUBY WARBLERS     *     "Corvidae"     *     (Doublesalt)
	PAPA GROWS FUNK     *     "Shakin'"     *     ( <www.papagrowsfunk.com> )
	JOEL PENNER SEXTET     *     "The Church of the
Little Black Dog"     *     (Sea Breeze Jazz)
   AG - IVO PERELMAN     *     "Introspection"     *     (Leo)
	TINEKE POSTMA     *     "For the Rhythm"     *     (Munich/215)
	PAMELA ROSE     *     "Just for a Thrill"     *     (Three Hundred)
	SOULIVE     *     "Break Out"     *     (Concord/CMG)
	VARIOUS ARTISTS     *     "Higher Ground - NOLA
Benefit"     *     (Blue Note/EMI)
  WB - VARIOUS ARTISTS     *     "Le Pop
3"     *     *     (Le Pop/Groove Attack)
	THE TAD WEED TRIO     *     "Nolo Di"     *     ( <www.tadweed.com> )
  WB - LES YEUX NOIRS     *     "Tchorba"     *     (World Village)
  WB - ZUCO 103     *     "Whaa!"     *     (Ziriguiboom/Six Degrees)

							1 SPIN

	DAISUKE ABE     *     "On My Way Back Home"     *     (Nagel Heyer)
	CANNONBALL ADDERLEY     *     "Radio Nights"     *     (Hyena)
	ANTONIO ARNEDO     *     "Colombia"     *     (Adventure Music)
	GREGG AUGUST     *     "Late August"     *     (Iacuessa)
  WB - BEBE     *     "Pafuera Telaranas"     *     (EMI Spain)
  WB - CURUMIN     *     "Acados e Perdidos"     *     (Quannum Projects)
  WB - D J
DOLORES     *     "Aparelhagem"     *     (Ziriguiboom/Crammed Discs)
	MARTY EHRLICH     *     "News on the Rail"     *     (Palmetto)
  WB - CRAIG EINHORN     *     "Choros"     *     (Unicorn Productions)
  WB - JOSEPH FIRE CROW     *     "Red Beads"     *     (Makoche)
	ROBERT GLASPER     *     "Canvas"     *     (Blue Note/EMI)
   AG - ANDY HAAS & DON FIORINO     *     "Death
Don't Have No Mercy"     *     (Resonant Music)
  WB - HAPA     *     "Maui"     *     (BMI)
	THE ODESSA HARRIS GROUP     *     "The Easy Life"     *     (Eastlawn)
	D. HARRISON - R. CARTER - B.
COBHAM     *     "N. Y. Cool - Live at the Blue Note"     *     (Half Note)
	MARC JOHNSON     *     "Shades of Jade"     *     (ECM)
	MARLON JORDAN w/ STEPHANIE JORDAN     *     "You
Don't Know what Love Is"     *     (Louisiana Red Hot)
	BEAT KAESTLI     *     "Happy, Sad and
Satisfied"     *     ( <www.beatkaestli.com> )
	SHERRIE MARICLE & THE DIVA
ORCHESTRA     *     "TNT - A Tommy Newsome Tribute"     *     (Lightyear)
	BARBARA MORRISON     *     "Live at the Dakota,
Volume 2"     *     (Dakota Live!)
	MARK MURPHY     *     "Once to Every Heart"      *     (Verve/UMG)
	HILARY NOBLE & REBECCA CLINE     "Enclave"     *     (Zoho Music)
	MARK O'CONNOR HOT SWING TRIO     *     "Live in New York"     *     (Omac)
  WB - PAPUA NEW GUINEA STRINGBANDS w/ BOB
BROZMAN     *     "Songs of the
Volcano"     *     (Riverboat/World Music Network)
	PETER PAULSEN TRIO     *     "Tri-cycle"     *     (Wahbo)
	DIANNE REEVES     *     "Good Night and Good
Luck"     *     (Concord Jazz/CMG)
	TRAVIS SHOOK     *     "Travis Shook Plays Kurt Weill"     *     (Dead Horse)
	SLAMMIN     *     "All-Body Band"     *     (Crosspulse)
	TAB SMITH     *     "Crazy Walk"     *     (Delmark)
	SONIDO ISLEÑO     *     "Vive Jazz!"     *     (Tresero Productions)
	NICOLA STILO & TONINHO HORTA     *     "Duets"     *      (Adventure Music)
  WB - VARIOUS ARTISTS     *     "The Rough Guide
to the Music of Balkan Gypsies"     *     (World Music Network)
	VARIOUS ARTISTS     *     "Yes Indeed - Women
Vocalists on United"     *     (United/Delmark)
  WB - VARIOUS ARTISTS     *     "Ziriguiboom:
The Now Sound of Brazil 2"     *     (Ziriguiboom/Crammed Discs)
  WB - VARTTINA     *     "Miero"     *     (RealWorld)
	LAURA WELLAND     *     "Dissertation on the State of Bliss"     *     (OA2)

	                                Most all of the
music we play is available through a link on
our
website <www.wnmc.org> to CD Universe or from <www.cdbaby.com>

82 of 100 new or reissued cd's from our current
jazz rotation were played. 3 of 20 new or
reissued discs from our avant-garde jazz rotation
were spun. 18 of 40 world/international cd's
received play. Our weekly top 10 jazz, 5 jazz
adds and top 30 are available at CMJ. We also
report to 'Living Blues' top 25. We're working on
reporting our folk/roots music, too. I apologize
for my s-l-o-w-n-e-s-s in keeping up with
tracking information. It's a shared task that
we're sorting out and always a work in progress.

                                                             MAIN
JAZZ ROTATION ADDS

		CHET BAKER     *     "Plays for Lovers"     *     (Riverside/CMG)
		CHICK COREA     *     "The Ultimate
Adventure"     *     (Stretch/Concord/CMG)
		LARRY GOLDINGS     *     "Quartet"     *     (Palmetto)
		LENA HORNE     *     "Seasons of a Life"     *     (Blue Note/EMI)
		FRANK MACCHIA     *     "Mo' Animals"     *     ( <www.frankmacchia.net> )
		MONK'S MUSIC TRIO     *     "Monk's Bones"     *     (CMB)
		IKE QUEBEC     *     "The Complete Blue Note 45
Sessions"     *     (Blue Note/EMI)

						    ARCHIVES

		KENNY CARR     *     "Friday at Five"     *     (TAS Management, LLC)
		THE HARRY GOLDSON CAFÉ SOCIETY
ORCHESTRA     *     "Let's Dance"     *     (Weatherbird Productions)
		BRAD MEHLDAU TRIO     *     "Day is Done"     *     (Nonesuch)
		MARK MURPHY     *     "Once to Every Heart"     *     (Verve/UMG)
		JEAN-MICHEL PILC     *     "Live at Iridium,
New York"     *     (Dreyfus Jazz)
		SONIDO ISLEÑO     *     "Vive Jazz!"     *     (Tresero Productions)
		SOULIVE     *     "Break Out"     *     (Concord/CMG)
		VARIOUS ARTISTS     *     "Yes Indeed - Women
Vocalists on United"     *     (United/Delmark)

If you'd like to be taken off this list, just
drop me a line......(if you'd like to be on it, I
guess I'll have to figure that out my own self!)

Have a GREAT weekend all!
     Biz