[JPL] PLAYLIST - WNMC Friday Afternoon Jazz

Thomas M "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Sat Feb 4 15:18:04 EST 2006

************************************************************************************************************************************

90.7 FM  Traverse City Michigan«««

                          Servin' up a Steamin'
Plate o' Jazz and Other Fine Victuals for a Five
County
Area:
Michigan's Gold Coast, The Jewel of the Midwest
                                38 Years of
Community Public Radio for Northwest Lower Michigan

						^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

                                                        Listen
Online:   <www.wnmc.org>

                                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

53 hours of Jazz per week (with a bit of
blues-folk-world/international in the mix)  **  9
hours of Blues  **  6 hours of Folk  **  6 hours
of combined Blues/Folk/Roots  **  6 hours of
World/International Music  **  A 3 hour
Avant-Garde Jazz Show  **  A 3 hour
Dance/Electronica Show  **  A  2 hour Funk/Soul
Show  **  A 2 hour of New Age Show  **  A 2 hour
each weekday morning News-Topical-Community drive
time Show (with a bit of music in the mix)  **  A
2 hour Spanish/Latin Show  **  A 2 hour Reggae
Show  **  A 1½ hour 'Live' Show  **  The best of
Indie-Alt-Cutting Edge Rock fills out the weekly schedule

						  ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

                              Eric Hines, general
manager/music director: <ehines at message.nmc.edu>
                 Thomas M "Biz" Bisard, jazz
music director: 1st: <mrbiz at torchlake.com> or 2nd: <TBisard at nmc.edu>
                                   Office: (231)
995-2562         Studio Request Line: (231) 995-1090

						  ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

                   Product, Promotions, etc
to:    WNMC, attn: Eric Hines, station manager or
Biz Bisard, jazz music director
				                    1701 E Front St
				                    Traverse City MI 49686

************************************************************************************************************************************

FRIDAY AFTERNOON JAZZ«««
                                                                                                                                                                                        Biz
<mrbiz at torchlake.com> or <TBisard at nmc.edu>
hosting February 3rd 2006 from 2-5 PM in the
oh-so-sunny basement of West Hall on the campus
of Northwestern Michigan College

                                    [
ARTIST     *     Song Title     *     "Album Title"     *     (Label) ]
						¤ = new in rotation

							2 PM

	TINEKE POSTMA     *     title
track     *     "For the Rhythm"     *     (Munich/215)
      ¤ - LENA HORNE     *     Black
Is     *     "Seasons of a Life"     *     (Blue Note/EMI)
      ¤ - CHICK COREA     *     Three
Ghouls     *     "The Ultimate Adventure"     *     (Stretch/Concord/CMG)
							BREAK
	FRANK ZAPPA     *     Camarillo
Brillo     *     "Over-nite Sensation"     *     (Ryko)
request: FRANK ZAPPA     *     Hungry Freaks,
Daddy     *     "Freak Out!"     *     (Ryko)
request: TOWER OF POWER     *     Squib
Cakes     *     "Back to Oakland"     *      (Warner Brothers/WMG)
							BREAK
	THE VW BOYS     *     16 Chickens & a
Tambourine     *     "Pickin' Lickin"     *     ( <www.vwboys.com> )
      ¤ - FRANK
MACCHIA     *     Chickens     *     "Mo'
Animals"     *     ( <www.frankmacchia.net> )
	STAN FREBERG     *     The Great
Pretender     *     "the very best of"     *     (Columbia/Legacy/Sony/BMG)
	SONNY LIM     *     Punahoa
Special     *     "Slack Key Guitar: The Artistry
of Sonny Lim"     *     (Palm)

							3 PM

      ¤ - MONK'S MUSIC TRIO     *     Blue
Monk     *     "Monk's Bones"     *     (CMB)
	PINETOP
PERKINS     *     Caledonia     *     "'Live Top'"     *     (95 North)
	RICHARD FREITAS     *     My Man
'Fats'     *     "Tootsie Tunes"     *     ( <www.tootsietunes.com> )
							BREAK
	SCOTT WHITFIELD JAZZ ORCHESTRA
EAST     *     Plum Street     *     "Diamonds for Nat"     *     (Summit)
      ¤ - LENA HORNE     *     Singin' in the
Rain     *     "Seasons of a Life"     *     (Blue Note/EMI)
	CHICK COREA     *     Sometime Ago - La
Fiesta     *     "Return to Forever"     *     (ECM/BMG)
							pause
	SONS OF THE NEVER WRONG     *     Crazy
Dog     *     "Nuthatch Suite"     *     (Gadfly)

							4 PM

	GEORGE BENSON     *     Little
Train     *     "White Rabbit"     *     (CTI - vinyl)
      ¤ - IKE QUEBEC     *     Buzzard
Lope     *     "The Complete Blue Note 45 Sessions"     *     (Blue Note/EMI)
							BREAK
	JIMBO TROUT & THE FISH PEOPLE     *     Zydeco
Sont pas Sale     *     "self-titled"     *     (Twah!)
	HADLEY J. CASTILLE     *     La Valse du Port
Arthur     *     "Quarante Acres et Deux Mulés"     *     (MTE)
	KOJACK & THE ZYDECO WARRIORS     *     We Doing
the Dog     *     "Zydeco Tootsie Roll"     *     (Maison de Soul)
	TAB BENOIT     *     Bayou
Breeze     *     "Voice of the Wetlands"     *     (Ryko)
	TOWER OF POWER     *     Soul
Vaccination     *     "self-titled"     *     (Warner Brothers/WMG)
							BREAK
	CHARLES MINGUS     *     No Private Income
Blues     *     "Wonderland"     *     (United Artists Jazz - vinyl)
      ¤ - LARRY GOLDINGS     *     The
Wedding     *     "Quartet"     *     (Palmetto)

	                          Most all of the music
we play is available through a link on
our
website <www.wnmc.org> to CD Universe or from <www.cdbaby.com>

Weekly top 10 jazz and 5 jazz adds available at
CMJ. We also report to 'Living Blues' top 25. I
apologize for my s-l-o-w-n-e-s-s in keeping up
with tracking information. It's a shared task
that we're sorting out and always a work in progress.

If you'd like to be taken off this list, just
drop me a line......(if you'd like to be on it, I
guess I'll have to figure that out my own self!)

Have a GREAT weekend all!
     Biz