[JPL] I Know it's too much to have expected but........

Tom Mallison tomthejazzman at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 6 13:43:00 EST 2006

Just imagine how much money they could have saved by having Detroit Rooted
Musicians play versus the bread they had to pay the Stones.  The difference
could have gone to a good Jazz or Music Charity or even Katrina Relief.

lip-syncing), which is more than we can say for some of the acts in recent
years.

> Brad

Colorado's
> own Capri Records most of you will be receiving soon. Check out the
> brilliant liners by Benny Golson.    www.kuvo.org

> This week's sponsor is: JazzWeek
>
> IN THE FEB. 6 ISSUE: One of the true legends of the industry is EMI Jazz
and Classics president Bruce Lundvall. Tapped to preside over the
resuscitation of Blue Note in the 1980's, Lundvall has been at the label's
helm during three decades of growth and success. This week, Lundvall sits
down with music editor Tad Hendrickson for Part One of a two part Q&amp;A,
touching this week on radio and recent signings at the label. In the news,
Berklee celebrates its 60th with a gala concert that included some
surprising get togethers; at Jazz at Lincoln Center, the Afro-Latin Jazz
Orchestra is embarking on a tour and jazz meets classical at Rose Hall; JAI
announces the winners of its 'Jazz on Campus' contest; and we catch you up
around the industry with the latest news in brief. Reviews this week
include the latest from venerable saxman David &quot;Fathead&quot; Newman,
organ trios from Tony Monaco and drummer André Ceccarelli (with Joey
DeFrancesco and Biréli Lagrène), singer Nicole !
>  Pasternak, and the latest from Monk's Music Trio, this time with a pair
of trombonists along for the journey.