[JPL] Coretta Scott King Funeral

McWilliams, Robert C radiobob at ku.edu
Tue Feb 7 22:04:39 EST 2006

I note that Lowery's comments led to a prolonged standing ovation from the audience of some 10,000....
not unlike the reaction to Bill Clinton, who pointedly noted Hurricane Katrina.
(also interesting was Jimmy Carter's timely comments on governement spying on and wiretapping both Dr. and Mrs. King).
For some reason, the current President looked uncomfortable.

Timely to play Larry Goldings' new recording of We Shall Overcome...(jazz content).

Bob McWilliams
Kansas Public Radio