[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, February 14, 2006

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Wed Feb 15 00:23:44 EST 2006

WFCR/Jazz à la Mode, Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Happy Valentine's Day!

8:00 PM Miles Davis My Funny Valentine Cookin' Prestige 1956

8:08 PM Meredith D'Ambrosio Valentine Love Is for the Birds Sunnyside 2001
8:14 PM Frank Sinatra This Love of Mine In the Wee Small Hours Capitol 1956
8:17 PM Shirley Horn You're Nearer Here's to Life Verve 1992

8:22 PM Dinah Washington I Could Write a Book For Those in Love Verve 1955
8:26 PM Betty Carter You're Getting to Be a Habit to Me Priceless Jazz GRP 1958
8:29 PM Peggy Lee Gee Baby Ain't I Good to You Black Coffee Verve 1956
8:32 PM Karrin Allyson I Wish I Knew Ballads Concord Jazz 2001

8:39 PM Ben Webster & Harry Sweets Edison Did You Call Her Today Ben & Sweets Columbia 1962
8:48 PM Ella Fitzgerald I Let a Song Go Out of My Heart The Duke Ellington Songbook Verve 1957
8:52 PM Mary Stallings I Didn't Know About You Live at the Village Vanguard Max Jazz 2001

9:00 PM Blossom Dearie Like Someone in Love Give Him the Ooh-La-La Verve 1957
9:04 PM Andy Bey Prelude to a Kiss American Song Savoy Jazz 2004
9:11 PM Gene Ammons Skylark The Soulful Mood Prestige 1962
9:17 PM Billy Eckstine Everything I Have Is Yours Jazz Masters 22 Verve 1947

9:22 PM Ray Charles It Had to Be You The Genius of Ray Charles Atlantic 1959
9:25 PM Nat King Cole Sweet Lorraine After Midnight Capitol 1956
9:29 PM Coleman Hawkins I Surrender Dear Tenor Giants Commodore 1940
9:33 PM Ruby Braff These Foolish Things Music for the Still of the Night Arbors 2001

9:44 PM James Moody I'm in the Mood for Love Jazz Hit Singles Rhino 1949
9:47 PM King Pleasure Moody's Mood for Love Male Vocal Classics Rhino 1952
9:50 PM Sarah Vaughan I Can't Give You Anything But Love The Roulette Years Roulette 1962

9:55 PM John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman They Say It's Wonderful John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman Impulse 1963
10:01 PM John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman Dedicated to You John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman Impulse 1963
10:07 PM John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman My One and Only Love John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman Impulse 1963

10:13 PM John Coltrane Say It Ballads Impulse 1962
10:17 PM John Coltrane You Don't Know What Love Is Ballads Impulse 1962
10:22 PM John Coltrane Too Young to Go Steady Ballads Impulse 1962
10:27 PM John Coltrane All or Nothing at All Ballads Impulse 1962

10:33 PM John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman Lush Life John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman Impulse 1963
10:39 PM John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman You Are Too Beautiful John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman Impulse 1963
10:44 PM John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman Autumn Serenade John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman Impulse 1963

10:50 PM John Coltrane I Wish I Knew Ballads Impulse 1962
10:55 PM John Coltrane What's New Ballads Impulse 1962
10:59 PM John Coltrane It's Easy to Remember Ballads Impulse 1961
11:02 PM John Coltrane Nancy (With the Laughing Face) Ballads Impulse 1962

11:07 PM Sonny Rollins My Ideal Tour de Force Prestige 1956 w Earl Coleman
11:12 PM Shirley Horn Why Did I Choose You? Lazy Afternoon Steeplechase 1978
11:18 PM Sonny Stitt Easy Living Personal Appearance Verve 1957

11:26 PM Miles Davis My Funny Valentine My Funny Valentine Columbia 1964
11:43 PM Miles Davis All of You My Funny Valentine Columbia 1964

Wednesday's highlights:  Monk's Dream by Thelonious Monk; a 40th birthday tribute to singer/pianist Dena DeRose;
new releases by the Mary Lou Williams Collective, Dianne Reeves, and pianist Edsel Gomez.

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Thursday, 8 p.m. - Midnight
WFCR