Re: [JPL] prominent artist makes Colorado home..R ené Marie

rgill7344 at aol.com rgill7344 at aol.com
Thu Feb 16 22:51:20 EST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Arturo <arturo893 at qwest.net>
To: jazzproglist at jazzweek. com <jazzproglist at jazzweek.com>
Sent: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 10:49:02 -0700
Subject:  [JPL] prominent artist makes Colorado home..R ené Marie

JazzWeek.
For more information visit us at  http://www.jazzweek.com/jpl
To become a sponsor contact Ed Trefzger
at ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com or 866-453-6401.

How wonderful, Arturo...I did not know you were a match maker, too..
talented man...
I had the pleasure of sitting in with her when she was here recently.
I am her BIG supporter here in Boston. Say hello to her for me
when you see her.
Ron

Ron wrote <<< Arturo did not mention it, but Rene Marie is getting
married
in August,
too. I assume she and her new husband will reside there as well. >>>

That's correct. I've been part of the entire process, introduction,
development, etc etc. Her future husband is a KUVO-er and yes they will
remain in the Denver area. It all began when René volunteered to answer
phones during a membership drive.

Arturo Gómez
Music Director, jazz89-KUVO
The Oasis In The City
Colorado's First HD FM Radio Station

This week's sponsor is: JazzWeek

IN THE FEB. 13 ISSUE: Bruce Lundvall returns for part two of his Q&A
with music
editor Tad Hendrickson this week. The president of EMI Jazz & Classics
discusses
the future of the Blue Note label and of jazz in general. And he
dispells part
of a long-running urban legend. In the news, grants from Higher Ground
are
closing in on $3 million; ASCAP has announced its Young Jazz Composer
winners;
the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival has announced dates; J at LC is
saluting
Philly; and there's more news in this week's news briefs. Reviews
include the
latest from the Mary Lou Williams Project; guitarist Oscar
Castro-Neves; harpist
Carol Robbins; pianist and composer Manuel Valera; and a retooled
Sergio Mendes.