[JPL] Ella Fitzgerald Jazz Festival

rgill7344 at aol.com rgill7344 at aol.com
Fri Feb 17 21:53:40 EST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Jae Sinnett <jaejazz at yahoo.com>
To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
Sent: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:58:26 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [JPL] Ella Fitzgerald Jazz Festival

JazzWeek.
For more information visit us at  http://www.jazzweek.com/jpl
To become a sponsor contact Ed Trefzger
at ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com or 866-453-6401.

And, Mr Sinnett says casually, "and my trio for the closing set."
Congrats, Jae. Based on your past work and your current CD, you're
worth it.
Giving it LOTS of play, Jae. Wonderful work.
Ron Gill

The 9th annual Ella Fitzgerald Jazz Festival in Newport News Virginia
just
announced it's line up......April 5th - Kurt Elling - April 6th - Eddie
Palmieri
and Tiempo Libre - April 7th - Patti Austin and the Count Basie
Orchestra -
April 8th - Branford Marsalis Quartet and my trio for the closing
event.

   This is a serious jazz festival.....always has been. In my opinion
one of the
best in the country. Ella was born in Newport News so the fest honors
her name.

  Jae Sinnett

---------------------------------
  Yahoo! Autos. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, & more
on new and
used cars.

This week's sponsor is: JazzWeek

IN THE FEB. 13 ISSUE: Bruce Lundvall returns for part two of his Q&A
with music
editor Tad Hendrickson this week. The president of EMI Jazz & Classics
discusses
the future of the Blue Note label and of jazz in general. And he
dispells part
of a long-running urban legend. In the news, grants from Higher Ground
are
closing in on $3 million; ASCAP has announced its Young Jazz Composer
winners;
the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival has announced dates; J at LC is
saluting
Philly; and there's more news in this week's news briefs. Reviews
include the
latest from the Mary Lou Williams Project; guitarist Oscar
Castro-Neves; harpist
Carol Robbins; pianist and composer Manuel Valera; and a retooled
Sergio Mendes.