[JPL] KUVO's Quadruple Header Week

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Mon Jul 3 12:06:25 EDT 2006

Another tremendous week for jazz89KUVO as we had 3 visitors of note at the
station in conjunction with their live performances in the are. It began
with Roseanna Vitro who played our Oasis Performance studio before playing
at Dazzle Jazz Lounge last Saturday, then we interviewed Richie Cole on
Friday morning who also played Dazzle. Richie revealed details about his new
album coming out later this summer which promises to be another winner.
Later in the day on Friday we had the pleasure of Ernestine Anderson's
company as she was making her annual pilgrimage to Denver to perform at a
free concert/clinic at the Denver Center for The Performing Arts, a Saturday
matinee complete with the Cleo Parker Robinson Dancers and featuring Néstor
Torres who was our in-studio guest on Sunday's weekly salsa show where the
host took Néstor back to his dance music/salsa roots revisiting his NYC days
as well as his earliest recordings in Miami, his sidemen ventures with
Cachao and right up to his latest Heads Up releases. Néstor plays the Annual
Jazzy 4th Street Festival on Tuesday right here in Denver's historic 5
Points district, home to the Oasis In The City.

Later this week, Plas Johnson will be visiting us in anticipation of his 3
day stint at Dazzle this weekend.

All of us here at KUVO have agreed, we can not rest on our laurels. We must
continue pressing forward and live up to our reputation. We can not let
those that have voted us major market station of the year 2 years running
down, we look at it as a challenge to continue raising the bar. We have a
summer chock full of great festivals to be at with our booth and on-air
personalities, bring artists to the station from those events and whenever
possible present live music from our Oasis Performance Studio

Arturo Gómez
Music Director, jazz89KUVO
The Oasis In The City
Colorado's First HD FM Radio Station