[JPL] Straight No Chaser (WSHA-FM - www.wshafm.org) 07-05-06

Bob Rogers rwsfin at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 5 23:58:08 EDT 2006

8pm
The Whitefield Brothers, In The Raw
Calvin Keyes, title cut (Vertical Clearance)
Elizabeth Guerra, Lonely Nights (Lotofire)
Barbara Dennerlein, title cut (Outhipped)
Rupert Clemendore, Mambo Chop Suey
Jon Faddis, The Baron (Teranga)
Mark Elf, title cut (Liftoff)
Claire Martin, The Key To Your Ferrari (The Waiting Game)
RippleGroove, Major Tom (Under the Microscope)
William Parker, Song For Tyler (Luc's Lantern)
The Bennie Maupin Ensemble, Equal Justice

9pm
Wayne Shorter Quartet, Smilin' Through (Beyond the Sound Barrier)
Ben Allison, Talking Heads (Cowboy Justice)
Clusone Trio, Qow (I Am An Indian)
Kenny Werner Trio, Melodies of 2002 (Beat Degeneration)
Brian Blade Fellowship, Folklore
Bobby Previte, Memory Hole (The Coalition of the Willing)
Harvie S, C7 Heaven (Funky Cha)

10pm
Ray Barretto, Summertime
Salif Keita, Mandjou ("Folon"...The Past)
Fela Kute & Afrika 70, Mister Follow Follow (Zombie)
Jeanne Lee & Mal Waldron, You Go To My Head (After Hours)
Martial Solal & Dave Douglas, Here's That Rainy Day (Rue De Seine)
Frank Kimbrough, Lucent (Play)
Nancy King, There Will Never Be Another You (Live at Jazz Standard w/Fred
Hersch)
Bill Evans Trio w/Lee Konitz & Warne Marsh, Night and Day (Crosscurrents)

11pm
Vijay Iyer & Rudresh Mahanthappa, Rataplan (Raw Materials)
Dafnis Prieto, Innocent Bird (Absolute Quintet)
RippleGroove, Dana's Lick (Under the Microscope)
Thomas Chapin, Anima (Ride)
John McNeil, Wanwood (East Coast Cool)
Tin Hat Trio, Compay (Book of Silk)
Grazyna Auguscik, If I Ever Dream Again (River)
Andy Scott & Dave Hassell, The Light that Falls (Sand Dancer)
The Little Willies, No Place To Fall

Bob Rogers
2816 Barmettler Street
Raleigh, NC 27607