[JPL] Independence Day Weekend programming

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Thu Jul 6 12:30:11 EDT 2006

At jazz89KUVO it was business as usual over the weekend and into Tuesday the
4th.  We aired no special programming, granted many of the on-air hosts
played "patriotic" themed music but it was only a song or 2 each shift. On
Tuesday I heard 2 versions of the national anthem, one by Pops and another
by Duke but that's about it on our end.

Concerning spins on the artists who had drops, Hargrove, Elf and Eldar, both
Hargrove and Elf remained in heavy although Eldar did have a drop in spins
with us which I am sure has nothing to do with the 4th, just a case of he
having played quite often upon the conclusion of the Jazz Week Summit.

Arturo Gómez
Music Director, jazz89KUVO
The Oasis In The City
Colorado's First HD FM Radio Station