[JPL] Kind of Blue (WSHA-FM - www.wshafm.org) 07-06-06

Bob Rogers rwsfin at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 6 23:53:52 EDT 2006

8pm
Barbara Dennerlein, Odd Blues (Outhipped)
Miles Davis, All Blues (Kind of Blue)
James Brown w/Louie Bellson & Oliver Nelson, Every Day I Have The Blues
(Soul on Top)
Dave Stryker, Blues Revisited (Blue To The Bone)
Marty Stuart & His Fabulous Superlatives, Soul Chapel
Cassandra Wilson, Easy Rider (thunderbird)
Bennie Wallace, title cut (Border Town)
Branford Marsalis Quartet, Jungle Blues (Romare Bearden Revealed)

9pm
The Whitefield Brothers, In the Raw
Pat Martino, Groove Yard (remember)
Johnny Jenkins, Down Along the Cove
Charles Mingus, Hog-Callin' Blues (Oh Yeah)
Nat Adderly, Trouble in Mind (Mercy, Mercy, Mercy)
James Brown, That's My Desire (Soul on Top)
Count Basie, Midnight Blue (The Complete Atomic Basie)
Thad Jones/Pepper Adams Quintet, H and T Blues (Mean What You Say)
Regina Carter w/Carla Cook, St. Louis Blues (I'll Be Seeing You: A
Sentimental Journey)
Gary Bartz, Makes Me Wanna Moan (The Blues Chronicles: Tales of Life)
Barbara Dennerlein, Farewell To Old Friends (Outhipped)

10pm
Johnny Adams, Come Rain Or Come Shine (Good Morning Heartache)
Billy Bang, Don's Dream (Bang On!)
World Saxophone Quartet, Seven Steps to Heaven (Selim Sivad: A Tribute to
Miles Davis)
Rahsaan Roland Kirk, A Laugh For Rory (The Inflated Tear)
Mark Elf, Deception Blues-Baritone Guitar (Liftoff)
Charley Harrison, Vitamin B3 (Keeping My Composure)
Oliver Nelson, title cut (More Blues and the Abstract Truth)
Pete Zimmer Quintet, A Whole New You (Burnin' Live at the Jazz Standard)
Sonny Rollins, Strode Rode (Saxophone Colossus)

11pm
Jack Walrath, Blues Sinistra (Hipgnosis)
Randy Weston & His African Rhythms Trio, Blue Moses (Zep Tepi)
Andy Bey, Like A Lover (Shades of Bey)
Charles Lloyd, You Are So Beautiful (Lift Every Voice)
Nancy King, If You Never Come To Me (Live at Jazz Standard w/Fred Hersch)
Alvin Batiste, title cut (Late)
Wes Montgomery, Polka Dots and Moonbeams
Patricia Barber, Then I'll Be Tired Of You (Split)
The Julius Hemphill Sextet, title cut (The Hard Blues: Live in Lisbon)

Bob Rogers
2816 Barmettler Street
Raleigh, NC 27607
WSHA - www.wshafm.org