[JPL] Independence Day Weekend programming

Lazaro Vega wblv.wblu.fm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 21:58:12 EDT 2006

That's right Tom,

We went into the Armstrong, Ellington, Basie, Ella, Miles mold with
forays into Charlie Haden, George Adams, Al Cohn, Shorty Rogers, Ray
Charles etc., playing patriotic music. And I made a promise to Danny
Richmond years ago at the Frog Island Festival in Ypsilanti that we'd
play the Candid version of "Fables of Faubus" every 4th of July and so
far so good. Also Ellington's Newport Concert this time as it is so
close the anniversary.

LV