[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 7/7/06

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Jul 8 00:17:07 EDT 2006

Friday, July 7, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

WHAT'S NEW AND RECENTLY REISSUED ON COMPACT DISC

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Gonzalo Rubalcaba: Nightfall, Solo (Blue Note)
John Stetch: Heavens of A Hundred Days, Bruxin' (Justin Time)
Jessica Williams: Blues for BT, Billy's Theme (Origin)

8:27pm
Pat Martino: West Coast Blues, Remember (Blue Note)
Wes Montgomery: Dangerous, Dangerous (Milestone)

8:46pm
Count Basie Orchestra; recorded 7/7/1937: Smarty; Listen My Children; John's
Idea; One O'Clock Jump, The Complete Decca Recordings (Decca/GRP)

9:02pm
Esperanza Spalding: The Peacocks, Junjo (Ayva Music)
Metta Quintet: Fast Forward, Subway Songs (Jazz Reach/Sunnyside)
Reuben Rogers: Ting for Ray, The Things I Am (Renwick Entertainment)

9:28pm
Carla White: I Still Love You (Jobim), A Voice in The Night (Bright Moon)
Roberta Gamborini: No More Blues (Jobim), Easy To Love (Groovin' High)
Nancy King: If You Never Come To Me (Jobim), Live at Jazz Standard (MaxJazz)

9:48pm
Hank Mobley; (b. 7/7/1930): Just Coolin', Hank Mobley Quartet (Blue Note)
Hank Mobley: This I Dig of You, Soul Station (Blue Note)

10:06pm
Steve Davis: Bird Lives(J. McLean), Update (Criss Cross)
Marc Cary: Appointment in Ghana (J. McLean), Focus (Motema Music)
Jackie McLean: Melonae's Dance, Jackie's Bag (Blue Note)

10:27pm
Thelonious Monk; John Coltrane: Monk's Mood,
The Complete Riverside Recordings 1957 (Riverside)
Wycliffe Gordon: Mister P.C. (Coltrane), Cone's Coup (Criss Cross)
Karrin Allyson: A Long Way to Go/Equinox (Coltrane), Footprints (Concord)
Odean Pope Saxophone Choir: Coltrane Time (Coltrane),
Locked and Loaded (Half Note)

10:56pm
Eric Reed: I Got Nothin', Here (MaxJazz)
Helen Sung: Voyage, Helenistique (Fresh Sounds)
Danny Grissett: You Must Believe in Spring, Promise (Criss Cross)

11:15pm
Yusef Lateef: Blues for the Orient, Eastern Sounds (Prestige)
Mose Allison : The Seventh Son; Eyesight to The Blind; Do Nothin' Till You
Hear From Me, Mose Allison Sings (Prestige)
Oliver Nelson: Three Seconds, Screamin' The Blues (New Jazz)

11:38pm
Diego Urcola: El Camino, Viva (CAM Jazz)
Jerry Bergonzi: Cadiz, Tenor of The times (Savant)

11:54pm
Roy Hargrove: Salima's Dance, Nothing Serious (Verve)