[JPL] Albert Ayler/John Coltrane on the air

David Kunian dkunian at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 12 09:38:02 EDT 2006

I'm going to incorporate some Ayler tonight as part of the 3 show
Coltrane tribute.  I'll put on the Coltrane funeral recording from Holy
Ghost as well as some others.  For Trane, last week I put on the Rova
Sax Qt doing Ascension from 1995.  This week it's the Rova Electronic Qt
doing Ascension as well as Roland Kirk's workout on Blue Train from
Brotherman in the Fatherland as well as others.  Next week all Trane
including his version of Ascension.

Last year it was all three Ascensions on one show.  My brain and soul
are still elevated from that.

Always try to play some Ayler each week.

David Kunian
Kitchen Sink Tuesday 10 PM to midnight
Jazz Lunatique Wednesday/Thursday midnight to 3 AM
WWOZ Community Radio for the Crescent City 90.7 FM
www.wwoz.org