[JPL] Re: A good career move?

Thomas M "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Wed Jul 12 10:47:52 EDT 2006

Fallow Lizsters,

Makes me wish I'd noted what kind of piano RG played when I heard him
at the '02 Gilmore Fest. Perhaps we really should attribute his mess
on these dates to his so-called management. In any case I hope he's
making the big bucks for promoting Yamahamahamayomama. I just wish he
understood what "The show must go on" means. NOT terribly professional.

This also puts me in mind (or what's left of it) of those nasty
pianos in various unnamed basement clubs in the 50's & 60's. Gives
out-of-tune a whole new meaning. There've been a couple of reissues
(unnamed) lately from that era that gave me headaches from the
intonation. My solution was to only preview one cut at a time. The
music was too good not to put in rotation, but I did wish for modern
high-quality standards. Too long ago to hope that those various club
owners would've been given dope slaps and told to provide world-class
equipment for world-class piano players.

Also makes me think of this past 3 week keyboard fest where piano
tuners would be doing their job between sets. Now THAT'S attention to detail!

-Biz at WNMC