[JPL] good career move

MAKPJAZZ57 at aol.com MAKPJAZZ57 at aol.com
Wed Jul 12 12:22:11 EDT 2006

In a message dated 7/12/2006 12:14:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Steve_Schwartz at wgbh.org writes:

I'm sure  glad that Mal Waldron didn't balk at that totally out of tune piano
at the old  Five Spot in New York City in the summer of 1961. We never would
have had  those classic recordings from Eric Dolphy and Booker  Little.

This also reminds me of poor Bobby Timmons, who always seemed  to be playing
on an out of tune piano on his recordings.  In fact, I now  say to my friends
when talking about a pianist's gig, "he/she had to play on a  Bobby Timmons
piano tonight" and they understand!

Marla