[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 7/14/06

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Jul 15 04:37:07 EDT 2006

Jazz from Studio Four
Friday, July 14, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

SPECIAL FEATURE: ALAN DAWSON (B. July 14, 1929)

8:00pm
Horace Parlan: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Buck Hill: Flamenco Sketches (Miles Davis), Relax (Severn Music)
Miles Davis: It Never Entered My Mind,
The Legendary Prestige Quintet Sessions (Prestige)
Frank Morgan: Solar (Miles Davis), Reflections (HighNote)

8:31pm
Bud Shank: Waltz for Debby, Takig The Long Way Home (Jazzed Media)
Christian Jacob: Memories of Paris, Contradictions (WilderJazz)
Chris Walden Big Band; Tierney Sutton: People Will Say We're in Love,
No Bounds (Origin)

8:49pm
Roseanna Vitro: Twelve Tone Tune,
Live at The Kennedy Center (Challenge Records)
Carla White: It's Kind of Lonesome Out Tonight,
A Voice in The Night (Bright Moon)

9:02pm
SPECIAL FEATURE
Alan Dawson: Waltzin' with Flo, Waltzin' with Flo (Space Time Records)
Sonny Criss: Black Coffee, This Is Criss (Prestige)
Dave Brubeck: Recuerdo, The Essential Dave Brubeck (Columbia)
Milt Hinton: Mona's Feeling Lonely, Laughing At Life (Columbia)

9:32pm
Alan Dawson: A Jazz Portrait (ONLY ON 89.7FM)

10:07pm
Jaki Byard: Alan's Got Rhythm, Live! at Lennie's on The Turnpike (Prestige)
Sonny Stitt: Just Friends, Tune Up! (32 Jazz)

10:26pm
Clifford Brown : Keepin' Up With Jonesy, Big Band in Paris (Prestige)
Gigi Gryce: La Rose Noire; Anne Marie, Gigi Gryce in Paris (Vogue)
Art Farmer: Strike up The Band, Gigi Gryce in Paris (Vogue)

10:47pm
Dexter Gordon: The Panther, Blue Dex (Prestige)
Alan Dawson: Penta Blues, Waltzin' with Flo (Space Time Records )
(END OF SPECIAL FEATURE)

11:04pm
Joe Locke/Geoffrey Keezer: Mirimar, Live in Seattle (Origin)
Geoffrey Keezer: Black and Tan Fantasy, Wildcrafted (MaxJazz)
Joe Locke; Milt Jackson Tribute Band: Opus de Funk,
Rev-elation (Sharp 9 Records)

11:34pm
Esperanza Spalding: Two if Blind See,
Live from Studio One
(recorded July 11/2006) (ONLY ON 89.7FM)
Reuben Rogers: Wala Wala, The Things I Am (Renwick Entertainment)
Esperanza Spalding: Humpty Dumpty, Junjo (Ayva Music)

11:56pm
Eric Reed: Why?, Here (MaxJazz)

Only on 89.7! performances and recordings are exclusive WGBH Radio
productions and are not commercially available.