[JPL] Soccer Has Defenders, Jazz Has `Compers'

Jackson, Bobby Bobby.Jackson at ideastream.org
Tue Jul 18 11:11:41 EDT 2006

Zwerin wrote and Sonny allegedly said,

"The importance Rollins gave to good comping can be illustrated by the
fact that Hall is white. It is reasonable to assume that any white
musicians hired to accompany top-quality African-American improvisers
are the best around."

Sorry Michael Zwerin and Sonny.  I'm lost on the significance that
because Hall is white makes him best to accompany top quality
African-American improvisors.

Bobby Jackson
WCPN-FM/Cleveland, OH