[JPL] Playlist WGBH 8 pm - mid. 7/18

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Tue Jul 18 23:48:46 EDT 2006

Tuesday, July 18, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7
JAZZ WITH ERIC IN THE EVENING
STEVE SCHWARTZ IN FOR ERIC JACKSON

8:00pm
THEME: Tommy Flanagan: Peace, Something Borrowed, Something Blue (Galaxy)

8:08pm
June Christy: Something Cool, Something Cool (Capitol)
Jackie McLean: Cool Green, Bluesnik (Blue Note)
Lea DeLaria: Cool, Play It Cool (Warner Brothers)

8:26pm
Buck Hill: Old Folks, Relax (Severn Music)
Ernie Andrews: It Shouldn't Happen to A Dream, How About Me (HighNote)
Hank Jones & Frank Wess: A Hankerin', Hank & Frank (Lineage Records)

8:53pm
Charles Mingus; (recorded July 18, 1957): Dizzy Moods; Ysabel's Table Dance,
Tijuana Moods (RCA Bluebird)

9:14pm
Malachi Thompson; (d. July 16, 2006): Woody's Dream, Talking Horns (Delmark)
Malachi Thompson: Nefertiti, Rising Daystar (Delmark)
Malachi Thompson: Drown in My Own Tears, The Jaz Life (Delmark)

9:38pm
Mark Elf: Thanks for The Memories, Liftoff (Jen Bay)
Rale Micic: Blessing, Serbia (CTA Records)
Reuben Rogers: Ting for Ray, The Things I Am (Renwick Entertainment)

10:06pm
Dr. Lonnie Smith: Bemsha Swing, Jungle Soul (Palmetto)
Thelonious Monk; John Coltrane: Monk's Mood,
The Complete Riverside Recordings 1957 (Riverside)
Frank Morgan: Blue Monk, Reflections (HighNote)

10:30pm
Tierney Sutton with Chris Walden Big Band: Smile, No Bounds (Origin)
Nancy King: There Will Never Be Another You, Live at Jazz Standard (MaxJazz)
Roberta Gamborini: Easy To Love, Easy To Love (Groovin' High)
Wesla Whitfield: For All We Know, Livin' On Love (HighNote)

10:56pm
Charles Mingus; (recorded July 18, 1957): Tijuana Gift Shop; Los Mariachis;
Flamingo, Tijuana Moods (RCA Bluebird)

11:18pm
Eric Reed: I C H.N. (for Herbie Nichols), Here (MaxJazz)
Randy Weston: Berkshire Blues, ZepTepi (Random Chance)
Marc Cary: Gentle wind, Focus (Motema Music)
Larry Vuckovich: Blue in Green, Street Scene (Tetrachord Music)

11:46pm
Donald Harrison Jr: Kind of New; Blue in Green, Kind of New (Candid)