[JPL] This week on Listen Here! The Jazz Review

Mark Ruffin mruffin at jazzusa.com
Wed Jul 19 20:21:12 EDT 2006

July 19-25

This week on Listen Here! The Public Radio Jazz Review at
www.listenhereradio.com with Neil Tesser and Mark Ruffin, award-winning
violinist Regina Carter talks about her new album "I'll Be Seeing You; A
Sentimental Journey, which is dedicated to her late mother.  She also
reveals her surprising near-decision to quit the music business as well as
her childhood relationship with singer Carla Cook. Mark reviews the new
album from Dr. Lonnie Smith, "Jungle Soul" and Neil looks at the recent
release from vocalist Shaynee Rainbolt, "At Home."  Keyboard player George
Colligan also joins the show as the guest quiz master on our listening quiz
"For Your Ears Only,"  and on the semi-regular segment "Far-In, Far-Out,"
Neil reflects on the first album he ever bought, Duke Ellington's "Far East
Suite," while Mark talks about Herbie Hancock's 70's avant-garde masterpiece
"Mwandishi."

We invite programmers to check out Listen Here!   Now with 88 stations on
board, including our new affiliates, KUNV/Las Vegas and WWSP/Stevens Point,
it is the fastest growing jazz program on public radio, and it's FREE.  For
info call Terry Medina at WFMT Networks at 773-279-2114.