[JPL] Resurrection of the Hammond B-3

JASS JASSav at comcast.net
Thu Jul 20 16:38:26 EDT 2006

Dr. Bob,

I don't know scientifically if it is true, but sure seems like there are a
bunch of organ releases lately.

Also seems like the Fender Rhodes has come back strong and re-entrenched
itself in the jazz genre.  There was a time (right or wrong) that when I put
on an album and heard a Fender Rhodes, I immediately removed it.  Then it
seems they disappeared for 25 or 30 years and then reappeared.

I guess tastes change, as I enjoy an occassional F-R on an album.  Has the
approach to playing it changed or have my ears adapted???

Hummmm....

P.S.  Stay Cool!

Larry

Larry Dane-Kellogg
WHCJ  90.3 FM
Savannah, GA

Dr. Bob wrote:  Is it just my perception or has there been a lot of organ
trios arriving in the media mail lately?

Bob "Dr. Bob" Stockton, Host/Producer
Modern Jazz Classics From Amelia Island

(904) 910-3475
(877) 856-3889 fax