[JPL] minimally jazz influenced commercially agreeable smooth rhythmic instrumental pop

JASS JASSav at comcast.net
Thu Jul 20 18:36:19 EDT 2006

So the next time I'm discussing this genre, I'll refer to it as "minimally
jazz influenced commercially agreeable smooth rhythmic instrumental pop."
BTW, nobody seems to use the term fusion too much any more.  Has that come
to mean something very specific or is it so broad (all of jazz music's
influences) that it has become meaningless?  I once started a cd review with
"All jazz is fusion."

Referencing my last post about the Fender Rhodes, maybe one day I'll wake up
and begin to enjoy this genre of minimally jazz influenced commercially
agreeable smooth rhythmic instrumental pop.  Who knows?

Larry

Larry Dane-Kellogg
WHCJ  90.3 FM
Savannah, GA

_______________________
Although nothing from me was included in the article, I was interviewed by
the
writer for about 15 minutes. She told me she might not use anything I said.
did tell her that I objected to the name smooth jazz. I said that I thought
much of the music is much more related to r&b and pop music than to jazz.

Eric Jackson
8 pm - mid Mon - Thurs
WGBH Boston
89.7 FM