[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 7/21

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Jul 22 00:02:10 EDT 2006

Jazz From Studio Four
Friday, July 21, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

SPECIAL FEATURE:
HELEN MERRILL (b. July 21, 1930)

8:00pm
Horace Parlan: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Helen Merrill: Lilac Wine, Lilac Wine (Sunnyside)

Helen Merrill: Embraceable You, Chasin' The Bird (Inner City)
Helen Merrill: Just You, Just Me, Helen Merrill with Strings (Mercury)

8:24pm
Helen Merrill; with Clifford Brown: Don't Explain; What's New; Yesterdays,
Helen Merrill (EmArcy)

8:45pm
Tommy Flanagan; Helen Merrill: Last Night When We Were Young,
The Music of Harold Arlen (Inner City)
Lee Konitz; Helen Merrill: I Hear A Raphsody, Raphsody (Evidence)
Helen Merrill; Stan Getz: Just Friends, Just Friends (EmArcy)

9:03pm
Helen Merrill; Stan Getz: It Don't Mean A Thing; Yesterdays,
Just Friends (EmArcy)

9:21pm
Helen Merrill: Out of This World; When I Grow Too Old To Dream,
Clear Out of This World (Antilles)

Helen Merrill: Why Don't You Do Right; You Don't Know What Love Is,
Parole e Musica (RCA Victor/BMG)

9:43pm
Helen Merrill; Gil Evans: People Will Say We're In Love; By Myself,
Dream of You (EmArcy)

Helen Merrill; Gil Evans: Summertime; Anypplace I Hang My Hat,
Collaboration (EmArcy)

10:06pm
Helen Merrill; Dick Katz: You're My Thrill; Baltimore Oriole; Deep in A
Dream, The Feeling is Mutual (EmArcy)

10:21pm
Helen Merrill; Dick Katz: Lonely Woman; While We're Young; A Lady Must Live;
I Want A Little Boy, A Shade of Difference (EmArcy)

10:39pm
Helen Merrill: Long, Long Ago; My Father; Lost in The Stars; Sometimes I
Feel Like A Motherless Child, Jelena Ana Milcetic (Verve)

11:05pm
Helen Merrill: Lazy Afternoon; I'll Be Around, Merrill at midnight (EmArcy)
Helen Merrill: The Blues; Blue Gardenia, Date With The Blues (Mercury)

11:22pm
Helen Merrill: Vera Cruz, Casa Forte (EmArcy)
Helen Merrill: The Thrill is Gone, No Tears No Goodbyes (Owl/Sunnyside)
Helen Merrill: Music Makers, Music Makers (Owl/Sunnyside)

11:38pm
Helen Merrill: You'd Be So Nice to Come home To, Brownie (Verve)
Helen Merrill; John Lewis: Angel Eyes, Helen Merrill/John Lewis (Mercury)

11:50pm
Helen Merrill: Wild is The Wind; Something I Dreamed Last Night,
Lilac Wine (Sunnyside)