[JPL] jazz89KUVO successfully launches own wine!!!!!

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Mon Jul 24 19:20:23 EDT 2006

Over this past weekend in conjunction with Denver's own Balistreri
Vineyards, jazz89KUVO successfully launched our own wine-a Colorado grape
Sangiovese. The winemaker describes it as "Light and lively with a little
fruit, oak and tannin. Very pleasant". On both Saturday and Sunday at the
Balistreri Vineyards about a 1/2 hour north of Downtown Denver jazz89KUVO
held our fist Annual Sicilian Picnic with wine tasting, authentic Sicilian
cuisine by award winning Chef Andrea, roast pork and chicken, wood burning
oven pizza, live jazz, winery tours and more. Nearly 200 listeners attended
the picnic over the weekend, dozens of cases of KUVO wine were sold as well
as other wines made by Balistreri Vineyards. The label of KUVO's wine has a
replica of the Thelonious Monk portrait that is on all of our 2006
stationary, our home page and all of our KUVO gear and promotional
materials. Our jazz89KUVO Sangiovese wine will continue to be sold at the
winery, restaurants and select wine merchants around Denver with proceeds
benefiting jazz89KUVO.

Balistreri Vineyards is a small family owned winery
http://www.balistreriwine.com/index.html  Their 2004 Sangiovese vintage won
the Gold at the Talbott Vineyards Tasters Guild International Wine Judging
which is why we selected Sangiovese to carry the jazz89KUVO logon and label.
All those in attendance were given a special edition wine glass with the
jazz89KUVO logo engraved on it as well.

Arturo Gómez
Music Director, jazz89KUVO
The Oasis In The City