[JPL] Playlist WGBH 8pm-mid 7/25

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Tue Jul 25 23:52:57 EDT 2006

Tuesday, July 25, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7
Eric in The Evening

STEVE SCHWARTZ IN FOR ERIC JACKSON

8:00pm
THEME: Tommy Flanagan: Peace, Something Borrowed, Something Blue (Galaxy)

8:08pm
Johnny Hodges (b. 7/25/1907): Day Dream,
Passion Flower 1940-1946 (RCA Bluebird)
Duke Ellington with Johnny Hodges: Big Shoe, Side By Side (Verve)
Johnny Hodges: Papa Knows, Everybody Knows Johnny Hodges (Impulse)

8:27pm
Kenny Wheeler: My New Hat, It Takes Two! (CAM Jazz)
Diego Urcola: Blues for Jimmy, Viva (CAM Jazz)
Jon Faddis: Waltz for My Fathers & Brothers, Teranga (Koch records)

8:51pm
John Stetch: Green Grove, Bruxin' (Justin Time)
Helen Sung: Sweet and Lovely, Helenistique (Fresh Sounds)
Larry Vuckovich: Blue in Green, Street Scene (Tetrachord Music)

9:13pm
Joe Lovano: The Birth of The Cool Suite: Moon Dreams; Move; Boplicity,
Streams of Expression (Blue Note)

9:36pm
Miles Davis Nonet: Moon Dreams;Move; Boplicity,
The Complete Birth of The Cool (Capitol)

9:46pm
Annie Ross; (b. July 25, 1930): I Was Doin' All Right, Gasser (Pacific Jazz)
Annie Ross: This Is Always, Sing A Song with Mulligan (Pacific Jazz)
Annie Ross: That Old Feeling, Music is Forever (DRG Records)
Lambert, Hendricks and Ross: Jackie, The Swingers (Pacific Jazz)

10:04pm
Annie Ross: I Didn't Know About You, Skylark (DRG Records)
Lambert, Hendricks and Ross: Now's the Time, The Swingers (Pacific Jazz)
Annie Ross: The Way You Look Tonight, All that Jive (Savoy)
Annie Ross: Twisted, Annie Ross Sings (Prestige)

10:19pm
Jerry Bergonzi: Cadiz, Tenor of The times (Savant)
Hank Jones & Frank Wess: Sara's Song, Hank & Frank (Lineage Records)
Jimmy Greene: My Ideal, True Life Stories (Criss Cross)
Buck Hill: Relax, Relax (Severn Music)

10:47pm
Frank Morgan: Out of Nowhere, Reflections (HighNote)
Bud Shank: The Starduster, Taking The Long Way Home (Jazzed Media)

11:07pm
Don Ellis; (b. July 24, 1934): All The Things You Are,
Out of Nowhere (Candid)
Don Ellis; George Russell: Thoughts, Ezz-thetics (Riverside)
Don Ellis: Four and Three, New Ideas (Prestige New Jazz)
Don Ellis: Johnny Coe Lately, Essence (Pacific Jazz)
Don Ellis: You Stepped Out of A Dream, Out of Nowhere (Candid)

11:37pm
Danny Grissett: Everything Happens to Me, Promise (Criss Cross)
Aaron Goldberg: Modhina, Worlds (Sunnyside)
Eric Reed: It's Easy to Remember, Here (MaxJazz)

11:53pm
Brad Mehldau: August Ending, House On Hill (Nonesuch)