[JPL] Chicago Radio News via Denver

Doug Crane dcrane at comcast.net
Wed Jul 26 16:10:52 EDT 2006

Chicago Sun-Times columnist Robert Feder reports the following today (7/26):

Harpo Radio hires
*Three more Chicago radio alums have joined the staff of Harpo Radio in preparation for the Sept. 25 launch of the "Oprah & Friends" lifestyle talk channel on XM Satellite Radio.
Hired as production assistants are: Mark Ruffin, former jazz host at Chicago Public Radio WBEZ-FM (91.5) and Clear Channel Radio smooth jazz WNUA-FM (95.5); Katherine Kelly, former morning producer and news anchor at CBS Radio's country WUSN-FM (99.5); and Scott "Pinto" Miller, former producer and midday sidekick at CBS Radio talk WCKG-FM (105.9).
Also:
*When you factor in noncommercial stations, public radio WBEZ ranked 17th in the Arbitron quarterly survey for spring, with a 2.4 percent share and a cumulative weekly audience of 584,900 -- up from 579,300 in winter.
_______
--Me:  When I checked the Chicago commercial radio listings for the same rating period, classical WFMT only registered a 2.0 percent share.  And, for what it's worth, College of DuPage's WDCB registered a 0.4 share with a cumulative weekly audience of just under 130,000.  I listen to WDCB quite often at my office as I like the programming, the fidelity of the streaming audio is good and, most importantly, my company's firewall doesn't block the stream!
Doug Crane  KUVO Denver