[JPL] Phat Band/Bruce Hornsby

Doug Crane dcrane at comcast.net
Thu Jul 27 02:52:38 EDT 2006

At 10:30 PM 7/26/2006, you (Lazaro Vega) wrote:

>Hornsby did a "Piano Jazz" where his jazz side emerged.

I thought this was a particularly good "Piano Jazz".  He seamlessly
meshed Bill Evans'  "Twelve Tone Tune" with one of his one
compositions that I thought was simply spellbinding.

I recall at the time the Hornsby program originally aired that there
were a few stations that refused to air it given the "non-jazz"
standing of the guest.  That was a loss for them and especially their
listeners.  Given a choice between Bruce and the Alicia Keys "Piano
Jazz" show that aired immediately after my show this evening....

Doug Crane
dcrane at comcast.net
KUVO Denver 89.3 FM
Wednesdays 7-9 PM