[JPL] Re: 7/24 Play List

Devon Murphy devon at jazzweek.com
Thu Jul 27 09:10:25 EDT 2006

Jazz90.1 WGMC   6-midnight  7/24

First 3 hours pretty much our standard jazz, the last 3 hours is more open
playlist

* Indicates New Music

6PM
Set 1
Charles Mingus/Better Git In Your Soul/Mingus Ah Um/Columbia 1959
*John Pizzarelli/Yes Sir, That¹s My Baby/Dear Mr. Sinatra/TelArc 2006
Set 2
Sarah Vaughn/Lullabye Of Birdland/The Definitive Sarah Vaughn/Verve 2002
*Ed Wiley Jr/Bay Area Blues/About The Soul/Swing Records 2005
Set 3
Art Blakey Quintet/Quicksilver/A Night At Birdland/BlueNote 1987 ReIssue
Roberta Gambarini/Centerpiece/Easy To Love/Groovin High 2006
Set 4
Buddy Rich Big Band/Straight, No Chaser/Tribute To The Music Of Buddy
Rich/Atlantic 1994
*Dr. Lonnie Smith/Willow Weep For Me/Jungle Soul/Palmetto Records 2006
Movie Soundtrack from Kansas City/Moten Swing/Verve 1996
Set 5
*Frank Catalano/Love Bugaloo/Mighty Burner/Bright Records 2005

7PM
Thad Jones & Mel Lewis/Jive Samba/Thad Jones & Mel Lewis/1990 LRC
*Jon Faddis/The Baron/Teranga/Koch Records 2006
Set 6
*Roy Hargrove/A Day In Vienna/Nothing Serious/Verve 2006
David Weiss/Our Trip/The Mirror/Fresh Sound Records 2004
Set 7
Dave Brubeck & Paul Desmond/Stardust/1975 The Duets/Verve ReIssue 2002
*Regina Carter with Carla Cook/You Took Advantage Of Me/I¹ll Be Seeing
You/Verve 2006
Set 8
*CrossHart/Lemuria/Jazz Experience/Groves Grooves 2005
Brian Bromberg/Dear John/It¹s About Time/Artistry Music 2005
Aretha Franklin/Trouble In Mind/The Queen In Waiting/Sony 2002 ReIssue
Set 9
*Charnet Moffet/G.E.M./Internet/Piadrum Records 2006

8PM
Dizzy Gillespie/Salt Peanuts/Career 1937-1992/Shout Factory 2005
*Avishai Cohen/Smash/Continuo/RazDaz Records 2006
Set 10
Diana Krall/The Look Of Love/Live In Paris/Verve 2002
*Eldar/Sincerely/Live At The Blue Note/Sony 2006
Set 11
Harry Connick Jr/Next Door Blues/Come By Me/Sony 1999
*Peter Cincotti/I Love Paris/Jazz Vocalists Hear & Now/ Columbia 2006
Set 12
Ben Webster/Time On My Hands/Soulville/Verve 2003 ReIssue
Brad Mehldau Trio/Boomer/House On A Hill/None Such Records 2006
Chet Baker/Moonlight In Vermont/Chet Baker Plays For Lovers/Riverside
Records 2006
Set 13
Melvin Sparks/She¹s A Bad Mama Jama/Savant 2006

9PM
Dave Weckl Band/Mesmer-Eyes/Live (And Very Plugged In)/Stretch Records 2003
*Nomo/We Do We Go/Newtones/Ubiquity Records 2006
Set 14
*Vanguard Jazz Orchestra/You Tell Me/Up From The Skies/Planet Arts 2006
The Bad Plus/Flim/Blunt Object Live In Tokyo/Sony 2005
Set 15
Medeski, Martin & Wood/Queen Bee/End Of World Party/Blue Note 2004
*Elvis Costello & Allen Toussaint/Tears, Tears & More Tears/The River In
Reverse/Verve 2006
Set 16
*Yellowjackets/My Old School/25/Heads Up 2006
Stephon Harris/Nothing Personal/Evolution/Blue Note 2004
Raul Midon/Sunshine/State Of Mind/Manhatten Records 2005
Set 17
*Nachito Herrera/West Side Latin Jazz/Live At The Dakota 2/Dakota Live 2006

10PM
*Gordon Goodwin¹s Big Phat Band with David Sanborn/Play That Funky Music/The
Phat Pack/Immergent 2006
*Randy Brecker with Michael Brecker/Some Skunk Funk/Some Skunk Funk/TelArc
2006
Set 18
Jamie Cullum/Get Your Way/Catching Tales/Verve 2005
*Jerry Bergonzi/Skull Shining/Tenor Of The Times/Savant 2006
Set 19
*Calvin Keys/Seacaucus S. Rutherford/Vertical Clearence/Widehive Records
2006
*Susan Tedeschi/Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever/Hope & Desire/Verve 2005
Galatic/My Little Humidor/Organ-ized, All Star Tribute To The Hammond
B3/High Street 1999
Set 20
Lettuce/Squadlive/Live In Tokyo/Kufala Records
*Mark Elf/Liftoff/Liftoff/JenBay Records 2006
*Bobby Previte/Airstrip One/The Coalition Of The Willing/RopeA Dope 2006
Set 21
*3osity/Scufflin/3osity/Capri Records 2006

11PM
Marcus Miller/Power Of Soul/Silver Rain/3 Dueces Records 2005
*Joe Locke & Geoffrey Keezer Group/Van Gogh By Numbers/Live In
Seattle/Origin Records 2006
Set 22
*Diana Ross/No More/Blue/Motown Records 2006
DigTrio/Next Week/DigTrio/DigTrio 2003
Set 23
*Liquid Soul/Peanut Head/One Two Punch/Soul What Records 2006
*Cassandra Wilson/Go To Mexico/Thunderbird/BlueNote 2006
Set 24
Dr. Lonnie Smith/Trouble Man/Jungle Soul/Palmetto Records 2006
Christian McBride/Lower East Side-Rock Jam/Live At Tonic/Rope A Dope 2006
Sara Gazerak/Cheek To Cheek/Yours/Native Language 2005
Set 25
Ben Allison/Emergency/Cowboy Justice/Palmetto Records 2006