[JPL] Kind of Blue (WSHA-FM - www.wshafm.org) 07-27-06

Bob Rogers rwsfin at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 27 23:53:34 EDT 2006

8pm
DeeDee Bridgewater, Every Day I Have The Blues/Stormy Monday (Live in Paris)
Dave Stryker, Blues Revisited (Blue to the Bone)
Lonnie Smith, title cut (Move Your Hand)
Carmen McRae, title cut (Fine and Mellow: Live at Birdland West)
Gil Evans & Steve Lacy, Esteem (Paris Blues)
Andy Scott & Dave Hassell, Moanin' (Sand Dancer)
Cassandra Wilson, I Want To Be Loved (thunrderbird)

9pm
Thad Jones/Pepper Adams Quintet, H and T Blues (mean what you say)
Deep Blue Organ Trio, Once I Loved (Live at the Green Mill)
Johnny Adams, Come Rain or Come Shine (Good Morning Heartache)
Stan Getz, Where or When (Award Winner)
Kenny Dorham, The Touch Of Your Lips (Short Story)
Joe Lovano Ensemble, Boplicity (Streams of Expression)
Karrin Allyson, Long As You're Living (In Blue)
Elliott Caine Quintet, Blues for the Revolution (Blues from Mars)

10pm
Carmen McRae, Too Late Now (Ballad Essentials)
Frank Morgan, Crazy He Calls Me (reflections)
Chet Baker, There Will Never Be Another You (Young Chet)
Chris Walden Big Band w/Tierney Sutton, People Will Say We're In Love (No
Bounds)
Bob Brookmeyer New Art Orchestra, Seesaw (Waltzing With Zoe)
Joe Locke/Geoffrey Keezer Group, Van Gogh By Numbers (live in Seattle)
Tania Maria, title cut (Intimidade)
Vincent Herring, title cut (Ends and Means)
Ian Dogole & Hemisphere, House Party Starting (Convergence)
Lisa Hilton, City Streets (Midnight in Manhattan)

11pm
John Coltrane, Afro Blue (Live at the Half Note)
Ernest Dawkins' New Horizons Ensemble, Mean Ameen (The Messenger: Live at
the Original Velvet Lounge)
Vijay Iyer & Rudresh Mahanthappa, All the Names (Raw Materials)
Dave Holland Quintet, The Balance (Points of View)
The Jazz Passengers, Maybe I'm Lost (Individually Twisted)
Sherik's Syncopated Taint Septet, Fry His Ass (Husky)

Bob Rogers
2816 Barmettler Street
Raleigh, NC 27607
WSHA - www.wshafm.org