[JPL] PLAYLIST: "General Eclectic", WCVF-FM, 7/28/06

Tom Bingham mason2042 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 16:38:39 EDT 2006

  Back from vacation. Phones were a bit quiet today, though there was caller
support for southern-rockers Natchez, jazz fusion trumpeter Dave Dunlop,
Jabo Williams' 1932 boogie-piano solo, nouveau flamenco guitarist Shawn
Foster, protest singer Dennis Kyne, and singer-songwriter Antje Duvekot,
whose new album finally convinces me that she can live up to the hype after
all. To the list:

HOUR #1:
Bruce Holmes - We Were A Family - Life's an Intelligence Test

Ramona Borthwick - Latin Quarter - A New Leaf

Real West - Somewhere Someone - War is a Wonderful Thing

Natchez - High High Plains - Steel Horses

Dave Dunlop - The Hang - The Hang

Sean Ensign - It's My Life (Finally) (Mike Cruz Radio Edit) - Finally

Jabo Williams - Pratt City Blues - Picking the Blues: Boogie Woogie Pioneers
(various artists)

Shawn Foster - Shades of Brazil - Then and Now

Julien Kasper Band - 8 to 11 - The New Imperial

Ray William Roldan with Swing Samurai - Whiskey Wantin' Chains - In
California Country

Enoch Kent - The Ballad of Accounting - I'm a Rover

Cumberland Trio - Four Strong Winds - Back Where We Began

Janis Ian - The Great Divide - Folk is the New Black

Texas All Stars - Don't Mean a Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing - Live Big
Band Bash

HOUR #2:
Jay Linden - Traverse County - Satchel

Dennis Kyne - All We Want is the Truth - I'm Not Resisting

Terry Lee Poole - Feels Like Rain - One Night Only

Keith Killgo - SparkleByrd - This World

Don Rigsby and Midnight Call - Make God Laugh - Hillbilly Heartache

Tena Moyer - Water in the Desert - CD single

Antje Duvekot - Diamond on Your Hand - Big Dream Boulevard

Connie Evingson and the Hot Club of Sweden - It's Alright With Me/(Bebop) -
Stockholm Sweetnin'

The Calvin Owens Show - Best Worst Day - I Ain't Gonna Be Yo' Dog No Mo'

Steve Feierabend - Wiggle Room - Converging Paths

Brian Loosz - Thank You - The Good Life

Owain Phyfe - Canto del Labriego - Lagrimas de Sangria: Canciones
Hispanoamericanos

Mairi MacInnes - Puirt-a-Beul  - Scotland: The Music & the Song (various)

   Next week, singer-songwriter Jeremy Gloff interviewed live in the WCVF
studios.

--
Tom Bingham
"General Eclectic"