[JPL] Under the Radar (WSHA-FM - www.wshafm.org) 07-30-06

Bob Rogers rwsfin at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 30 05:52:39 EDT 2006

1am
Burnt Sugar, Take My Hand (The Crepescularium)
Dr. Lonnie Smith, Freedom Jazz Dance (Jungle Soul)
Seu Jorge, title cut (Carolina)
Galactic, Never Called You Crazy (ruckus)
Sherik's Syncopated Taint Septet, Don't Wanna (Husky)
Metta Quintet, Morning Rush (Subway Songs)
Rahsaan Roland Kirk, Afro Blue/Blue Trane (Brotherman in the Fatherland)

2am
Art Ensemble of Chicago, Malachi (non-cognitive aspects of the city)
Matthew Shipp, The Root (Equilibrium)
Fay Victor, Last Night I Had A Dream (Lazy Old Sun)
World Saxophone Quartet, Spy On Me Blues (Political Blues)
Ernest Dawkins New Horizon Ensemble, Toucouleur (The Messenger: Live at the
Orig. Velvet Lounge)
Vijay Iyer & Rudresh Mahanthappa, Forgotten System (Raw Materials)
Joshua Redman, Molten Soul (Elastic)
The Bennie Maupin Ensemble, Tapping Things (Penumbra)

3am
Kat Parra, Caravan (birds in flight)
Marty Ehrlich's Darkwoods Ensemble, Flight (Just Before the Dawn)
Moncef Genoud, Sliding Shadows (Aqua)
Larry Vuckovich Trio, Come Rain or Come Shine (Street Scene)
Mark Murphy, Don't Ask Why (Links)
Astor Piazzolla, title cut (Adios Noning)
Eldar, Someday (Live at the Blue Note)

4am
Elliott Caine Quintet, El Nuevo Dia (Blues from Mars)
Puzzlebox Experiment, Blind Man's Waltz (Just When I Thought)
Sherik's Syncopated Taint Septet, Go To Hell, Mr. Bush (Husky)
Elizabeth Guerra, Prometo Ser (Lotofire)
rumba club, Every Time We Say Goodbye (radio mundo)
Gianmaria Testa, Dentro La Tasca Di Un Qualunque Mattino (La valse d'un
jour)
Jerry Granelli, opening (another place)
The Jeff Gauthier Goatette, Solflicka (One and the Same)
Jeff Colella, Putter Smith, Jerry Kalaf, Norton's Last Words (The Music of
Eric von Essen, Vol. III

5am
Johanna Grussner, Out Of This World (No More Blues)
The Bob Lark-Phil Woods Quintet, It's You Or No One (in her eyes)
Peter Apfelbaum, Long Road/Motherless Child (Charms)
Bobby Previte, Airstrip One (The Coalition of the Willing)
Fred Anderson, By Many Names (Timeless)
Hamza El Din, title cut (Escalay-The Water Wheel)
Jabbo Smith, 'Til Times Get Better

Bob Rogers
2816 Barmettler Street
Raleigh, NC 27607