[JPL] Jazz isn't dying - culture is dying

EdBride at aol.com EdBride at aol.com
Mon Jul 31 11:01:40 EDT 2006

In a message dated 7/31/2006 10:26:08 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rick at jazzrockworld.com writes:
<<..

real  Fusion
is played by Jazz musicians and it's confirmed by its acceptance as  Jazz
worldwide, except here.

What's up with that?

The  Question remains...

..>>

It may be worthwhile exploring the age of the fans. In the U.S., perhaps  the
Jazz audience is suffering the same phenomenon as classical: we're getting
gray-er, so to speak. I believe younger audiences are more receptive to the
electronic, amplified, percussive approach that characterizes fusion. It would
be interesting to know whether the European audiences who are opening their
ears  to this type of music are already Jazz fans, or whether it is younger
audiences who are accepting fusion as an evolution of rock, rather than of  Jazz.

Ed