[JPL] Jazz isn't dying - culture is dying

Bradley M. Stone bstone at science.sjsu.edu
Mon Jul 31 14:35:03 EDT 2006

Rick,

It certainly was our pleasure bringing you that music - and we still try to program progressive jazz-rock when the opportunity arises these days (a vestige of our past meeting the music of now)..... and it certainly was a pleasure to be a part of a great group of djs from that era: Edwin O'Neal, Jr., Joel Wyrick, Ivory Moody, Mike Anderson, Larry Lanehart, and later Ron Johnson, Floyd Dudley (RIP), and so many others who contributed.

Brad

Dr. Brad Stone
Music Director (Jazz, Blues, World Music)
and Faculty Advisor
KSJS-FM
1 Washington Square
San Jose State University
San Jose, CA   95192-0094
www.ksjs.org

Home Office:
9381 Durango Lane
Gilroy, CA   95020
Music Calls: Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., PT
(408) 848-6266
bstone at science.sjsu.edu

Hey,

Wait a minute - I never said I could fit into mine either..

Funny!

But seriously, you guys really were a big part of the scene back then. Hell,
I even have an autographed Billy Cobham album that came from your station
when I called in to answer a "give-away" question. If I didn't thank you
then, I'm certainly thanking you now for playing Fusion from Saturday
morning till Sunday night (unless there was a game) every weekend. My
gratitude is deep. Thank you.

Best,

Rick