[JPL] Kenny Burrell Birthday Special

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Mon Jul 31 17:22:24 EDT 2006

In tonight's "Jazz à la Mode," we celebrate the 75th birthday of guitarist Kenny Burrell with a four-hour special devoted to his work.  We'll hear the guitarist, who was named an NEA Jazz Master in 2005, on recordings that span the past 50 years, both as a leader and as a sideman with Kenny Dorham, John Coltrane, Illinois Jacquet, Gene Ammons, Bill Evans, Jimmy Smith, and many others.  Tune to WFCR/88.5 FM, or to our on-line audio stream at www.wfcr.org

Tom Reney

"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Thursday, 8 p.m. - Midnight

WFCR