[JPL] Kenny Burrell Birthday Special

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 31 17:40:53 EDT 2006

 From Yoshi's website (www.yoshis.com):

Kenny Burrell 75th Birthday Celebration
Featuring Joey Defrancesco, Hubert Laws & Others

On July 31st Only: All of the Above Joined By
The Gerald Wilson Jazz Orchestra

Thursday, July 27 -
Monday, July 31
Thu 8pm & 10pm shows $26
Fri, Sat & mon 8pm & 10pm shows $30
Sun $5 kids, $15 adult w/one kid, $26 General
Sun 8pm show $30
Buy Tickets Online!

“Kenny Burrell is overall the greatest guitarist in the world and he’s
my favorite.”
         BB King

“The greatest guitarist in jazz history.”
        Time

Join us in celebrating the 75th birthday of one of Jazz’s great
innovators, Kenny Burrell. He is among a handful of guitarists who have
forever changed the role of the instrument in jazz. For over fifty
years, his distinct style, tone, and phrasing have graced recordings
and performances by almost every major performer in jazz history.
Combine a consummate sense of swing, an encyclopedic musical vocabulary
and always-excellent taste and you have the one-and-only jazz guitar
artistry of this legendary figure in jazz. He is a master improviser,
prolific composer and distinguished educator. Kenny Burrell will be
joined by Joey DeFrancisco, one of the baddest B-3 burners in the
business, as well as others such as internationally known flutist,
Hubert Laws and The Gerald Wilson Jazz Orchestra (appearing on July
31st only).