[JPL] Playlist Thursday November 2, 2006

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Nov 2 21:48:26 EST 2006

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday November 2, 2006

(Rodgers and Hart) Where or When -- Piano Interpretations - Wynton Kelly -
Blue Note - CDP 7 84456 2

(Horace Silver) Nineteen Bars - Silver's Serenade - Horace Silver - Blue
Note - CDP 7243 8 21288 2 3

(Shad, Eaton) I'm Gonna Lock My Heart and Throw away the Key - For Lady
Day - Carmen McRae - RCA/Novus - 01241 63163-2

(Meade Lux Lewis) Bear Cat Crawl - Boogie Woogie Stomp - Albert Ammons -
Delmark - DD-705

(Duke Ellington) Jam with Sam - Duke Ellington: the 1952 Seattle Concert -
Bluebird - 07863 66531-2

(Michelle Gregoire) Knock It - Reaching - Michelle Gregoire - Boat House
records - BHR-CD-018

(Irving Berlin) How Deep Is the Ocean - Mean What You Say - Eddie Daniels
- Ipo

(Ernie Wilkins) Swingin' at Newport - Count Basie at Newport - Verve - 833
776-2

8:01 NPR News

(George Treadwell, Sarah Vaughan) Shulie a Bop / (Jimmy Davis, Ram
Ramirez, Jimmy Sherman) Lover Man / (Arthur Freed, Gus Arnheim, Abe Lyman)
I Cried for You - Swingin' Easy with Sarah Vaughan - EmArcy - 314 514
072-2

(Dexter Gordon) Soy Califa - A Swingin' Affair - Dexter Gordon - Blue Note
- CDP 7 84133 2

(Thelonious Monk) Little Rootie Tootie / Bye-Ya - Thelonious Monk -
Prestige - OJCCD-010-2

(Edde Lockjaw Davis) Bean O - Eddie Lockjaw Davis & Johnny Griffin Live at
Minton's - Prestige - PRCD-24206-2

(Gershwin) Oh Lady be Good - The Essential Count Basie - Columbia - CK
40608

(Harry Woods) What a Little Moonlight Can Do - God Bless the Child: The
Very Best of Billie Holiday - Columbia/Legacy - 82876 81743 2

(Wes Montgomery) Fingerpickin' - Fingerpickin' - Wes Montgomery - Pacific
Jazz - CDP 7243 8 37987 2 8
9:01 NPR News (Leo Robin, Richard Whiting) Louise - Hamp and Getz - Lionel
Hampton and Stan Getz - Verve - 831 672-2

(Millinder, Simon) Big Fat Mama - Open House / Plain Talk - Jimmy Smith -
Blue Note - CDP 7 84269 2

(Wayne Henderson) Congolese Sermon - The Best of the Jazz Crusaders -
Pacific Jazz - CDP 0777 7 89283 2 4

(Frank Loesser) If I Were a Bell - Miles Davis in Person Saturday Night at
the Blachawk, Complete - Columbia/Legacy - C2K 87100

(Duke Ellington) In a Sentimental Mood - Duke Ellington & John Coltrane -
Impulse - IMPD-166