[JPL] Under the Radar (WSHA-FM - www.wshafm.org) 11-05-06

Bob Rogers rwsfin at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 5 05:56:27 EST 2006

1am
Amadou et Mariam, Be'smi Lah (Man and Woman)
Alemayehu Eshete/Hirut Begele, Temeles (Ethiopiques 3)
Rob Reddy's Gift Horse, The Unnamable (A Hundred Jumping Devils)*
Revolutionary Snake Ensemble, A Call for All Demons (Year of the Snake)
The Countdown Quartet, Nowhere to Go*
Don Byron, There It Is (Do the Boomerang)*
Gladys Knight & the Pips, Who Is She?
Willie Bobo, Roots
Wayne Shorter, Infant Eyes (Speak No Evil)
Keith Jarrett, Time on my Hands (The Carnegie Hall Concert)*

2am
Gary Bartz Ntu Troop, Blue (Harlem Bush Music)
Julius Hemphill, The Hard Blues (Reflections)
Radiohead, street spirit (fade out) (The Bends)
Tomasz Stanko Quartet, Kattorna (Lontano)*
Pat Bianchi, Turn Out The Stars (East Coast Roots)*

3am
Jim Cutler Jazz Orchestra, Encontro Das Agaus (In Progress)*
Stephon Harris, title cut (African Tarantella)*
Booker Little, Forward Flight (Booker Little and Friends)
John Stetch Trio, Circus (Bruxin')*
Ornette Coleman Quartet, Matator (Sound Grammar)*
Nels Cline, No Doubt/11/8/Dance w/ Death (New Monastery: a view into the
music of Andrew Hill)*

4am
Andrew Hill, title cut (Dusk)
Grazyna Aguscik, No return (pastforward)
Ahmed Abdul-Malik, El Ghanda (East Meets West)
Congotronics, Kule Kule (Konono No. 1)
Michele Rosewoman, Warm (The In Side Out)*
Jason Kao Hwang, Parallel Meditations (Edge)*
JD Parran & Mark Deutsch, Improvisation (Omegathorp: Living City)*

5am
Robert Barry & Fred Anderson, Speed Way (Duets 2001)
Ted Nash Still Evolved, Durning's Dance (In the Loop)*
The Heath Brothers, For Seven's Sake (As We Were Saying)
John Lewis & Sacha Distel, Willow Weep For Me (Afternoon in Paris)
Brian Lynch & Bill Charlap, Autumn Nocturne (...meets Bill Charlap)
Neal Miner, title cut (the evening sound)*
Scott Hamilton, You Go To My Head (nocturnes & seranades)*

Bob Rogers
2816 Barmettler Street
Raleigh, NC 27607
WSHA - www.wshafm.org