[JPL] Kenny Burrell at 75

Richard Paske rpaske at bitstream.net
Sun Nov 5 16:34:07 EST 2006

Jazz guitar icon Kenny Burrell turned 75 this year. To celebrate, Notes from the Western Edge, a monthly, on-demand audio webcast, is streaming a 14-minute interview/feature on Burrell for free throughout the month leading to UCLA Live's tribute concert on December 2. To listen, just go to http://freshearsmedia.com . If you'd like to broadcast the feature, please email me off-list and I'll send you a free copy on CDR.

Notes from the Western Edge is produced in Los Angeles by Richard Paske for Fresh Ears Media. Each half-hour issue includes 2 features on musical visionaries, luminaries, and iconoclasts from the worlds of Jazz, New Music, and Electronics. Past issues have featured Joe Zawinul (Feb), DJ Spooky (Feb), Maria Schneider (April), Dave Douglas (Sept), Karsh Kale (Oct) and many others. Each feature includes interview segments, music, and commentary. Excerpts of each issue are available for free and are accessible through the ISSUE menu. Subscribers have access to each issue in its entirety.

Richard Paske
Executive Producer/Host
Notes from the Western Edge