[JPL] Keith Jarrett As Sideman

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 6 19:45:09 EST 2006

Hello to all. Seeking some help........I'm putting together a Keith Jarrett special. I'm particularly interested in his recordings as a sideman. Would anyone have some suggestions of recordings where he has appeared - besides his work with Charles Lloyd and Miles - as a sideman? He hasn't done many and this is the why it's difficult. One that comes to mind is Kenny Wheeler's masterpiece "Gnu High." One of the most brilliant Jarrett performances ever recorded. He did another with Gary Peacock but the name escapes me. I know that he played with Art Blakey but not sure if he ever recorded with him. Would anyone know if he has and if so, what recording? Any help with suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

  Sidebar.....I concur with Jim about the John Taylor release. Fantastic. I've been a fan of his for many years...every since he appeared on Kenny Wheeler's 2nd masterpiece... "Double, Double You." His playing is wonderful and also on Vince Mendoza's beautiful "Epiphany." A highly underrated pianist.

  Jae Sinnett