[JPL] Keith Jarrett As Sideman

Jazz Promo Services jazzpromo at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 7 07:14:44 EST 2006

Keith Jarrett Discography

http://www.jazzdisco.org/jarrett/dis/c/

Hello to all. Seeking some help........I'm putting together a Keith Jarrett
special. I'm particularly interested in his recordings as a sideman. Would
anyone have some suggestions of recordings where he has appeared - besides
his
work with Charles Lloyd and Miles - as a sideman? He hasn't done many and
this
is the why it's difficult. One that comes to mind is Kenny Wheeler's
masterpiece "Gnu High." One of the most brilliant Jarrett performances ever
recorded. He did another with Gary Peacock but the name escapes me. I know
 that he played with Art Blakey but not sure if he ever recorded with him.

Would anyone know if he has and if so, what recording? Any help with

  Sidebar.....I concur with Jim about the John Taylor release. Fantastic.
I've
been a fan of his for many years...every since he appeared on Kenny
Wheeler's
2nd masterpiece... "Double, Double You." His playing is wonderful and also
on
Vince Mendoza's beautiful "Epiphany." A highly underrated pianist.

  Jae Sinnett