[JPL] Black vs White

Dr. Jazz drjazz at drjazz.com
Tue Nov 7 16:27:41 EST 2006

I received an email today from someone in our industry that really pissed
me off.

The person asked if one of my client labels "...EVER record any non-white
artists?"

To say I was taken a back would be an understatement indeed!  I replied
that up to to the point of receiving the email in question, in the 27 years
in this business, the question never entered my mind.  The reply I received
was:

"...Yes, and unfortunately that's the historic position white folks have
taken...  "You" never see such disparities unless "we" point them out."

Your thoughts?

-Dr.

Dr. Jazz
Dr. Jazz Operations